Charlieplexing Article

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
xzolian

Charlieplexing Article

Post by xzolian »

Within the last year I read an article in either Servo or Nuts and Volts about charlieplexing but now I can't seem to find it to save my life. I tried searching for it but I came up with nothing.

Does anyone know what issue it was in?
jaem

Post by jaem »

I remember that too - I have the issue somewhere... I can't remember where it is either, but if no one's found it by the time my two exams are through, I'll take a look for you.
(sorry, but I'm a bit busy studying...:P)
xzolian

Post by xzolian »

jaem wrote:I remember that too - I have the issue somewhere... I can't remember where it is either, but if no one's found it by the time my two exams are through, I'll take a look for you.
(sorry, but I'm a bit busy studying...:P)
I would appreciate it :)

No need to do it now, after you exams is fine.

-Matt
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

Charlieplexing sounds like something that belonged in the April Fools column but googling it shows that it is legitamate and created by a guy at Maxim hence the Maxim AppNote attached

http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/an_pk/1880

I searched N&V articals for LED and August 2006 has something on multiplexing but might not be the article you were looking for. Was it an article or a mention in a letter or column, do you remember.
jaem

Post by jaem »

I think I looked up that Maxim article after I saw it in the magazine - I can't remember, but it may have been referenced in the article. I don't know if that will help, though...
rebeltaz

Post by rebeltaz »