WANTED: 7.50000 MHz osc

List your items for sale, trade, or give away here.
Private party only - NO commercial ads allowed
gmclam

WANTED: 7.50000 MHz osc

Post by gmclam »

I'm not sure why this is such an odd frequency, but everywhere I've looked has come up empty. I've got 7.3728 and 7.8791 but I need 7.5000. Ideally this should be a 5 volt part in a "14 pin dip" type case, but I'll consider whatever you might have at the correct frequency.

Thank you & Happy Holidays
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

That one will be hard to find. But ECS out of Mouser has 30 Mhz osc. in the half can size for $1.70. Couple this with a dual 'D' flipflop to knock it down by four and you have your 7.5 Mhz. The 74HC family will easily handle these frequencys.
gmclam

Post by gmclam »

Thanks, I've considered that option. I already have a PCB and no room for an extra DIP package (for the divider), but will certainly squeeze any package oscillator on there I can find.
russosv

Post by russosv »

Try looking at Fox Electronics. I have gotten a sample order from them before for a specific frequency oscillator.

Samples are slow but they do send them eventually. If time is an issue, I would suggest you check some of their distributors.
russosv

Post by russosv »

I just did a search at one of Fox's distributors. Do any of these parts help you?

You can easily make a DIP package that fits your needs by etching your own smaller PCB at home to fit the oscillator, then adding pin headers to it.

You might even be able to use Robert's idea by using a D-Flip Flop like the MM74HC74A, which comes in a TSSOP package and the 30-MHz oscillator, and trying to squeeze them on a small PCB. The 14-pin DIP should be ~20x13mm and TSSOP is only ~5x6mm so you have a little room.

Hope this helps.

Steve
gmclam

Thank you

Post by gmclam »

Thanks for all the ideas/posts. I ended up using a 15.0 MHz osc and a 74LS74 to get the prototype working. I found a programmable osc at DigiKey and that solves my immediate needs. I did find the part at Fox, and requested some samples, but have not received them as of yet. For a production design I'll simply use a different frequency.

Happy New Year