Problems with Futurlec

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

ha ha, yeah ok. They have some good prices though that's what
attracted me in the first place.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Futurelec again...

The previous order I posted about earlier arrived from Fed-Ex after about a 2 week merry-go-round through their hubs. Seems that the name, address and zip was correct but the state name was not. But, it never went to the wrong state, they used the zip code and it came right to the correct state. No real excuse for this one.

Since I have no problem with Futurelec, and the problems were with the Fed-Ex service I ordered again from them. When I placed the order, at the checkout screen, the state was wrong, but in the user profile, it was correct! Changing the user profile did not change the shipping state After several calls I was told the state name was 'hard coded' from whenever I first opened the account, and that an IT person would have to change it, I could not?? They changed it, called me back and sure enough it was changed on the site, so I placed the order.

Today I got an email confirming shipping.....
The ship to state was correct, but the bill to state was still wrong. The tracking number issued by Fed-Ex to them shows up for two packages, one was shipped over a year ago, another was shipped a few months ago. None are related to this shipper, shipment, or me.

Fed-Ups says..We don't know! Contact the shipper
Futurelec says thet Fed-Ex issues the tracking number from their system. They are having someone work solving the problem and have agreed to ship a replacement order via UPS (at last)

Will it ever get any better than this? I think Futurelec has some issues on their web ordering, but their shipping on all the past orders has been within one day. On the other hand, Fed-Ups has a really serious problem, and is clueless. I really like the big brown trucks!

Len
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

HI,

What is Fed-Ups? Is that Fed Ex or UPS?
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

MrAl
I always thought UPS was pronounced OOPS :grin:
Actually they run a pretty good servce nowadays.
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Ah-Ha...

Somebody really reads the posts!

Al,
'FED-UPS' will likely be the name if FED-EX and UPS ever merge! :???:

Len
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Robert Reed wrote:MrAl
I always thought UPS was pronounced OOPS :grin:
Actually they run a pretty good servce nowadays.
Ahh UPS. I had a somewhat heated argument with a UPS employee on a ham repeater one morning (years ago). He investigated shipping problems and damage claims to make sure UPS employees were doing their job right. I suggested that he stop by my place of work as things I would ship out for repair would come back damaged when the delivery Gorillas er drivers threw (literally) stuff on our dock. He claimed UPS has a strict policy and all drivers followed it of PLACING items from the shelves of the truck and onto the next flat surface. Again I invited him to stop by my place of work to watch boxes sail through the air. This really upset him. The nice round robin that had been going on became a back and forth between us. Finally I asked why he had a job of "investigating" shipping damage as if items were securely loaded on the trucks, then CAREFULLY removed from the truck and CAREFULLY placed on the dock, there would never be shipping damage. He never took me up on the offer of stopping by and watching items get unloaded.

Fast forward to a couple years ago. A friend got a job automating computer stations at the big UPS depot in IL (Hoskins???). Anyway the LOST pile was usually anything that fell about 40 feet off a conveyor belt to the concrete floor, got backed over by a truck, etc.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
bbiandov

Post by bbiandov »

Yep, you get what you pay for. I think Futurlec is actually based in Australia but a fab shop is in Thailand.

Either way, poor service, the product is decent. I got AVR boards and schematic was wrong. Had to waste a week with them in an attempt to get the Protel file so we can edit the changes and correct pin labels, etc

At the end did a quick schematic by hand and voila

Yes Jameco is great. Great service and fast shipping and you can even stop by and pick up your stuff (which I some times do) right at their will call.

Speaking of that JRAVR board, if someone actually got the correct schematic please let me know. Here is the board:

And the link to their site:

http://www.etteam.com/product

After digging I found great new manual and new CORRECT schematic of the JRAVR board. Here is the info:

CP-jrAVR_Schematic.pdf Image

CP-JRAVRUsersManual.pdf Image

Hope that will be useful to all!
~B