Foremat Changes

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Robert Reed

Foremat Changes

Post by Robert Reed »

Michael
Since you people worked on the program last Sunday, I have not seen a bit of SPAM. Maybe some MrAl or Bodgy deleted it before I logged on each time. By now (since Sunday), I would have seen a dozen or more. If this is the result of you and "your gang"s work - double Kudos to all of you!
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hi,

Yes i have noticed a lot less spam too lately, and am thankful for
whoever took care of that! Maybe we have our nice forum back
now.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i still think we sure could use a "jump to" button at the top of the forum here...its kind of a inconvienence to scroll to the bottom of the page each time we want to jump to another topic.

i am sure its not that hard to do that...or is it ?
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

Hey Dac if thats the way you like to navigate thats your business and your preference so I see how it could be a bit annoying for you not to have a jump to at the top of the page also. I myself though have never used the "jump to". I always hit the index link located top left of each thread. I don't find it inconvenient to navigate in this manner. Thats my opinion though.
Newz2000

Post by Newz2000 »

I'm not able to edit my signature line... there is a big empty space where I used to be able to edit my .sig, which is interesting. Below the form here on the posting page, it says "Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)" which implies the functionality wasn't deliberately removed.

Its not a huge deal, just kind of odd.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

the index page is not a problem for me,, its when i am in a catagory like this GENERAL...then at the bottom is the jump to box at the bottom,,
thats what i ment. i just thought it'd be easier than scrolling up/down
the forum so much...but anyway it was just a thought..

mainly the reason is,, when i post a reply, and enter it,, it will take me back to the top of the forum list.. then if i like to goto a different catagory,
i have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to the jump to box..

knowhatimean?? :P
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Oh-Oh I spoke too soon!
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

Now look what you did. I've seen 4 myself so far. 3 today.
jimandy

Post by jimandy »

still think we sure could use a "jump to" button at the top of the forum here...its kind of a inconvienence to scroll to the bottom of the page each time we want to jump to another topic.
I'm not sure this addresses the issue quoted but if you click on "General" at the top of the screen while reading posts it will bring back the list list of topics.
"if it's not another it's one thing."
Michael Kaudze
Site Admin

Post by Michael Kaudze »

FYI, We have installed a spam mod - which does work. We do have some left over spammers in the member list that we are cleaning up... If you notice we had over 6500 members, now the list is under 4000.

The signature line and aol, msn, and yahoo info was hidden so that spammers couldn't attack our users. But we are going to revert that option and see how it goes...

I will keep you posted on the next update...

Michael Kaudze.