Lowest cost LED matrix display

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
EEPROM777I

Lowest cost LED matrix display

Post by EEPROM777I »

I'm looking all over for LED matrix products and all I can find is prebuilt units or the stand alone ones like I want but that cost way to much. Where can I find decent LED matrix products at a reasonable price? If the price is good enough I want to stock up (20+). I'm mainly interested in the 5x7 displays but I will consider anything (8x8). So far the best price I've seen is $0.05 per led for 20 5x7 displays. I just found them but I want to keep looking in case one of you guys can find a better price. The best loose LED price I found was $0.03 in a quantity of 1000, but thats a lot of soldering. These prices do seem good I guess but I plan to make a very large display so I need a great deal. Thanks.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

what do you think about this site... matrix displays decent priced..and multi colored :D :D :D

https://www.lc-led.com/Catalog/departme ... ategory/46
EEPROM777I

Post by EEPROM777I »

Nice site. I really like the blue display but to much $. The best so far was $1.20 per 5x7. That site sells at around $4.50. I know I might not find any cheaper than $1.20 a piece but I'm still hoping/wishing.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

the $1.20 must be a low brightness red..
these displays are fairly bright. i have bought the 2.3" tall digit leds.
couldn't find them hardly anywhere, then after searching for a 2 months i stumbled across this site,,and i was very satisfied. i actually had to dim the leds some because they were so bright...lol

also, i wasn't able to find anyone else on the web that had all the different colors like here.
anyone else just had red...
EEPROM777I

Post by EEPROM777I »

Well dacflyer I may have to go that route. I guess there is no sense in spending the money if you can't read the sign during the day and either way it's going to cost money. So in the spirit of doing it once and getting it right the first time I'll just spend the extra cash. Plus I really wanted it to be a blue display and you were right the $1.20 display is a low brightness red. Thanks for the help.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

any time,, glad i could help..

did you get one of them 1.20 samples to try ?

the link i supplied, i think they will send a sample pack.. you just pay for a few samples. and they send them at a reduced price.

have fun