PLC practice controller??

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
new guy

PLC practice controller??

Post by new guy »

I am attending a PLC basics course and would like to buy an ALLEN BRADLEY type PLC to practice on. An "SLC500" series or A "MICROLOGIX 1000" model. Looked on E-BAY but didn't find any. If anyone might have one please E-MAIL me. THANX!
stevech

Post by stevech »

is this inexpensive PLC a good candidate for training?

http://www.comfiletech.com/index.asp

CB220, CB280, etc.

says software for PLC and BASIC is free.
russlk

Post by russlk »

If you ask Allen-Bradley, they might give you one for free. I can't hurt to ask. Manufacturers often give out free samples.
philba

Post by philba »

russlk wrote:If you ask Allen-Bradley, they might give you one for free. I can't hurt to ask. Manufacturers often give out free samples.
worth a try. if they do, let us know. I wouldn't mind a freebee...
ku7485

Post by ku7485 »

b1miller

Micrologix 1000

Post by b1miller »

Do another search on EBAY for Micrologix. I noticed 6 on the first page that popped up. Also at one point, Allen Bradley & Rockwell offered a free download of RS Logix 500 with RS linx that would work for the 10 point Micrologix 1000. I bought one last year on Ebay and set up a trainer with switches for the inputs and led's for the output. The programming cables are also available on ebay or you can make your own.
3Phase

Post by 3Phase »

Where did you find a free download of the RSLogix software, i've looked all over their web site, can't find it anywhere?
b1miller

PLC

Post by b1miller »

After checking the Rockwell Automation web site and talking to their tech reps, it seems that the demo version is no longer available on their download website. They suggested talking to a local Rockwell/Allen Bradley rep to see if they might have a disc with the RSLogix demo that they can loan out.