inverter

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
garypcv

inverter

Post by garypcv »

here's a question i'm going to throw at 'dacflyer' to go along with his generator idea:<p> if you were to attach a 12v to 110v inverter to your car battery, and then , plug in a 110v operated car battery CHARGER to that inverter, everyone with me so far? (lol lol ) and THEN attach those charging clips to the above battery thereby RECHARGING the battery; what will quit first ??????? :D
Externet

Re: inverter

Post by Externet »

We will quit reading that first.
Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Every transaction has a 33% loss.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

been there, done that....never got the T-Shirt :( (<p>found out the battery went dead 1st,,inverter coudn't keep up with the charger.or charger was too power hungery...and battery coudn't keep up
:p
Mike

Post by Mike »

ya like i had this crazy idea once 2.<p>id have a standard dc motor, connected into something like a transistor which would switch from on to off real quickly with a current from the motor, and when spun the motor would charge the cap, spin, that would charge the cap more, then it would spin, and so on. it would go from charging to spinning many times in a split second and the thing would go on for a long time.<p>never tried it tho.<p>-Mike
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

Enron tried the same thing with retirement money. " Can we take money out as fast as we put it back as we take it out as we put it back as we take it out as we put it back?" Closed systems have a net sum of zero. D'ja'know that Pan Am retirees got $.28 on the dollar? Ouch. So much for trusting 30 years of sweat equity to some college flunkies with 'new' formulae !
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

I love that "battery to inverter to charger to battery"
thing
:=)
I love that.. you can't beat that thought
hehehhehe<p>
PS: Pension plans, College degrees
Bah<p>Working hard and or becoming educated are useless in this day and age... the only way to get ahead is to become a crook and, just as it use to, stealing still gets you alot of hell and if not it still makes you feel sick in the gut<p>So don't do any of it. Have a drink instead.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hello gary,<p>Well, that's the old pre-70's way to run down
a perfectly good battery.<p>The more modern solution is to hook up two
solar panels to the battery and mount one
directly in front of each headlight.
This way when you turn the headlights on the
light shines on the solar cells which in turn
recharges the battery.<p>Either that or just connect a big resistor across
the battery hee hee :-)<p>Take care,
Al
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Edd

Post by Edd »

<<what will quit first ??????? >>
The inverter will quit first.
The battery being the sole primary power source connected to two series parasitic loads..the inverter ..with its parasitic load… the battery charger. (Which will be refreshing but a fraction of the power being depleted). Somewhere..according to design… in the 10-8vdc range the inverter will drop out and stop functioning. The battery will only have been depleted down to the level at cutout. That retained battery level should still be able to jump start/ crank a ’55 T-bird.
73's de Edd
[email protected] .........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected].........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;)
Mike

Post by Mike »

just wondering, has anybody ever tried my neverending motor idea? :) :) <p>-Mike
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

As a kid (grade school) I thought this would be a great idea. Take an electric motor and connect the shaft to a generator. Plug in the electric motor to an outlet to get the motor and generator spinning. Then quickly (either with a switch arrangement or very quickly moving the plug) connect the motor to the generator's output. This way the generator would power the motor and keep everything spinning forever.<p>It wasn't until high school when I had teachers that actually understood science that someone could explain why this would never work.<p>The other example I heard was the "Batery Factory".<p>What you do is build a factory to make batteries. You then use the power company to make your first batch of batteries. After that you use the batteries you make to both power the plant and sell batteries! Sounds like a perfect plan to me.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
John Paul

Post by John Paul »

One time; before I realised that Jolly Roger's motor-generator idea was imposable I actually tried that with some motors. And as you guessed... It didn't work :D <p>John Paul