How do I unsubscribe from a topic?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
DestroyerX

How do I unsubscribe from a topic?

Post by DestroyerX »

How do I unsubscribe from a topic?<p>Thanks,<p>Jason
UT2004 rox
jwax

Re: How do I unsubscribe from a topic?

Post by jwax »

Is this a trick question?
WA2RBA
DestroyerX

Post by DestroyerX »

Uh, no, it's not.<p>Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know how. Is there some link somewhere in the thread allowing one to unsubscribe?<p>I understand this is a stupid question, but could someone tell me how to do it?<p>Thanks,<p>Jason
UT2004 rox
Mike

Post by Mike »

You mean unsubscribe to email notification? Just click the link at the bottom of the email.
DestroyerX

Post by DestroyerX »

I'm not sure there was one in my email. My latest email was just:<p>Hello,<p>Someone just replied to your posting at Nuts and Volts Forum. Here are the details:<p>Forum: General Subject: How do I unsubscribe from a topic?
Who Replied: Mike
UT2004 rox
sofaspud

Post by sofaspud »

I didn't even know that feature was available. It's probably toggled from the "my profile" link at the upper right of this page.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Sorry JasonQ, I thought....oh well.
Go to the top of the General Topics page, and you have to scroll all the way to the right of the Techtrax banner to "My Profile". Go there to select your options.
WA2RBA
bsparky

Post by bsparky »

JasonQ had that happen to me once too. Thought it was strange but it has not happened agian so I didn't worry about it.
DestroyerX

Post by DestroyerX »

Hmm...I didn't see it under the profile; I'll just talk to Mike.
UT2004 rox
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

The option is only available to the topic starter and is enabled with a checkbox at the bottom of the new topic page. I don't see any way to turn it off though. <p>I found this out by reading the FAQ (which describes some features that are not enabled in this forum like moderators, member ratings and private forums)
Mike

Post by Mike »

I don't subscribe to threads anymore. I was just suggesting that there may be some link in it. <p>Most forums let you unsubscribe, but I've never been to another forum that uses this software. Most use phpbb or similar and those do allow the user to unsubscribe from emails.<p>I guess you may have to just wait until people stop responding to your topic or not check the email notification box and just visit the forum. All I have to do to remember it is either bookmark it or remember that the address is an IP address, so I just remember that it starts with a 206 and when i type 206 into IE it pops up with the rest of it.
DestroyerX

Post by DestroyerX »

To stop getting emails, I can delete my first post, the first of the topic, and the topic will disappear.<p>Moderators, is it alright if I do that, or can someone manually remove me from receiving emails?<p>Thanks,<p>Jason
UT2004 rox
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Or just delete them when they arrive. It doesn't sound like you are getting tons of them.