Stamp vs PIC microcomputers

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Tommy volts

Re: Stamp vs PIC microcomputers

Post by Tommy volts »

Rodney,<p>Have you got your feet wet yet? I am interested to know what you decided on, particularly if you decided to with the $16 kit I recommended.
N9AOK

Re: Stamp vs PIC microcomputers

Post by N9AOK »

Funny how silent everyone is on AVR microcontroller chips. I took a look and thought it looked like the easiest to program, and cheapest to get into. I've not taken the big step yet and I was hoping to find and AVR bandwagon someplace on the NET to get information but there's really a dearth of information on AVR (as compaired to the PIC and the STAMP).<p>Since you've used these why dont you extol its virtues more on here and see what type of response you get.<p>N9AOK
Todd Snyder<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ralcocer:
I am new to microcontrollers also coming for the old z80 days , I started with the AVR 8515 because I got a hold of a AVR board used to hack satellites bur it has a programmer built in 4, 8 bit ports, Analog comparator UART , timers and a lot of other thing , I also found a basic interpreter yhat I can load into memory and input the code and run it from my terminal, The assember looks like basic.<p>Anybody ever heard about this.<hr></blockquote>