robotics information

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
emad

robotics information

Post by emad »

I ask the geniuses of robotics,im beginer ,and i want to begin to make a roobt but I don’t know how can I start so tell me the right to start
Colinr

Re: robotics information

Post by Colinr »

First thing is to decide what you want the robot to do.

Then this will identify what interfaces you will need which should define the requirements for the processor.

I suggest to start you select something simple one option is a line following robot.

This something that can follow a line drawn on a peice of paper it may sound simple but it includes all of the basic requirements for a robot.

sensor.
processessing element.
output devices.
emad

Post by emad »

its ok Mr colin R how can start with line following robot, please take my hand to do it from A to Z ,many thanks
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

emad hassab.. "please take my hand to do it from A to Z " .... you are not going to get far with that attitude.

robotic projects take a lot of research on you part.. you cant expect to have someone to pick parts for you to use..

I will tell you some ideas to get you started.. line following can be accomplished with a micro controller that has a ADC (Analog to digital Converter )built into it..

I never used one but i hear the Lego Mindstorm Set is good for beginers..it has a micro controller.. It comes with a lot of robotic projects one can learn from..

Good luck and try posting a question with some research!!
donwilson

Post by donwilson »

I have the Lego Mindstorms. It is a fun way to get started. Everythings snaps together so it is very easy. You use a Windows PC to build your programs in a graphic environment and download your programs to the robot using a USB to IR module. The controller is limited however, I think three inputs and three outputs. It has two servos, bump switches, and a light sensor you can use for line following. Line following with only one sensor is little jerky.
RyanMBruce

Post by RyanMBruce »

Sambuchi is right, you have to have the will to both learn and teach yourself if you want to get into robotics. Forums such as this one are great resources to get started, brainstorm ideas, and solve problems, but ultimately, if you don't want to do the work yourself, you'll lose interest very quickly. You can also stop by the Iowa State University Robotics Club wiki for some ideas here:

http://nukelab1.student.iastate.edu/w

Feel free to sign up and contribute, or ask questions on our forum here:

http://nukelab1.student.iastate.edu/forum

Lego mindstorms are a great place to get started as are the Vex robotics kits sold at Radio Shack. They come with hardware to assemble a robot, servos, motors, a remote control, a receiver, a programming unit, battery pack, sensors, an inventors manual, and much more. Check them out here:

http://www.vexlabs.com/

Have fun, and don't be afraid to ask specific questions.

-Ryan
ISU Robotics Club
http://nukelab1.student.iastate.edu/w
Pius

How to build robots for beginners

Post by Pius »

My fellow builder to be of these modern day wonders we all started knowing little. Something has sparked your interest and believe it or not you will soon get the robot fever. To date I do not know a cure and I personally would not take it if there was one.
I do not know the path that others have taken but I am mostly self taught and you will find that as a robot builder you will have to wear many hats. It is so much fun , however it can be very hard work. I have worked for months on a circuit only to have it sit on my bench and completely fail. At times you feel like giving up. This is balanced when you sit scratching your head and an idea comes your way and when you try it everything works. Your feeling at that moment of triumph is diffcult to put into words.
As your first step you must ask yourself why are you building this robot. Answer it honestly and then you can begin your studies.