Request Example Program in C/C++

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
puddleglum

Request Example Program in C/C++

Post by puddleglum »

Hello, Colleagues,<p>I am studying the Motorola MC68HC11E9, and have learned to program it with a few rudimentary assembly language programs.

I will appreciate it if someone can send me one or two example C or C++ programs that will run on the basic Motorola 68HC11, in single-chip mode. <p>I have a Fox11 trainer board, and also an MIT Handy Board. The first is a single-board HC11 set-up with an associated solderless breadboard, and the second is a compact HC11 implementation meant to embed into a robot! <p>I am not very experienced in writing C++, but I do understand the language. I want to modify the programs you send slightly to observe changes in operation: the idea is to cut my learning time.I would like a program that does something simple but interesting, like command a Lego motor, or perform some arithmetic, or blink some LEDs, or maybe read a voltage from a sensor and do something with it.<p>Thank you very much.
P
Sambuchi

Re: Request Example Program in C/C++

Post by Sambuchi »

well.. i never used the HC11 but I did use the HC12
Heres a project I did
http://www.unf.edu/~sama0004/Projects/e ... r_home.htm
It was in Assembly not C. Assembly is a little more tricky than C.
Do you still want it...
I'm sure you can still find a lot of HC11 codes on the net to start you off.. If you ever want to go with the MSP430 I have lots of codes for you! Good Luck
chapter30

Post by chapter30 »

Check this site out. I havn't looked at the code but I think it may help you.<p>https://www.zagrosrobotics.com/Index.asp
puddleglum

Post by puddleglum »

Hi, Jeff,<p>I truly enjoyed the web site you suggested. I find it encouraging to see a project come to life. Thank you very much.<p>I have gotten my robot project to execute simple commands both from C code and from assembler inputs. I plan to work on the stuff over the Summer, and see what comes about.<p>Best wishes,
Puddleglum
puddleglum

Post by puddleglum »

Hello, Sambuchi,<p>Thank you for sharing your robotics project with me. <p>I am very impressed by the robot you designed and built, using a shaft encoder and a mouse to perform steering functions. By the way, the movie was a hit! <p>I am making slow progress with my robot, but I have gotten the Handy Board to execute simple commands, such as go forward, backwards, turn, stop, and beep. I program the controller in C and in assembly language. I plan to devote time to the project over the Summer, and to strengthen my programming skills in C++. Thanks for the encouragement (it means a lot to me).<p>I will also look at other controllers, including the one you suggest, to gain perspective on what is available.<p>Best wishes to you.<p>Regards,
Puddleglum
Gorgon

Post by Gorgon »

Hello Puddleglum,
I can only recommend a book I've got on programming Motorola mcus in C. It is called:<p>'Programming Microcontrollers in C' by Ted Van Sickle, HighText Publications, Inc. 1994. ISBN 1-878707-14-0.<p>It deals with 68hc05, 68hc11 and 68hc16.<p>I also have a question to you. Who has made the C++ compiler for HC11? Can you give me an Web-address?<p>TOK
Gorgon the Caretaker - Character in a childrens TV-show from 1968. ;)