Wiring program

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
DestroyerX

Wiring program

Post by DestroyerX »

I'm interested in making a computer wiring diagram for a robot I built, but it is awfully tedious to draw every line in a prog. such as Microsoft Word. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a program that is built to help create wiring schematics.<p>Does anyone know of any cheap/free ones?<p>If you want to see pictures of the robot, they can be found:<p>http://www.pbase.com/jasonq/inbox<p>Thanks,<p>Jason
UT2004 rox
jimandy

Re: Wiring program

Post by jimandy »

You may want to re-post your question in the "General" section. There are a number of programs available to draw schematics and those members who do project building and PC board construction may be able to give you some direction.<p>[ March 24, 2005: Message edited by: jimandy ]</p>
"if it's not another it's one thing."
DestroyerX

Post by DestroyerX »

Thanks, I'll do that. Hopefully they'll be able to suggest me one.
UT2004 rox
kinneplastics

Post by kinneplastics »

Just go to www.expresspcb.com and down load there freebe!
puddleglum

Post by puddleglum »

Hello, Jason,<p>I enjoyed very much looking at the photos of the robot you built, I would love to see it in person, and I am sure you could teach me many things.<p>You expressed interest in a wiring program that doesn't cost too much. Multisim (Electronics Workbench) makes a layout program that is sold in at least two tiers. The student version works, but is limited because it does not generate the Gerber files that are key to having a board house produce boards for you. They also make a professional version that costs about $500. I have not tried it, it looks good, and you may want to research it. I may be able to get it myself in '06.<p>Another possibility that you may want to explore is an internet outfit called Express PCB.com They let you download some software that captures your circuit, and you send the results back to them for fast protptype fabrication. They advertise fast turnaround (day or two after receipt of order for simple boards), but they don't give you the Gerber files. Boo! That's how they prevent you from taking the design their software generates and going to a local board house. Again, I have not been able to engage them. In my own work, I had a staff that used expensive workstations to make board designs, and I would take the Gerber files to board houses that were not too far away. <p>There is another outfit called PCB Express, but they are not the same company. I Didn't pursue that firm.<p>I hope the suggestions help. Please see my posting in the Robotics forum: I need some help. Thanks. Good luck. <p>P
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

I would use P-Spice..
http://www.electronics-lab.com/downloads/schematic/013/
You can also simulate a circuit with this program .. it's free
DestroyerX

Post by DestroyerX »

Thanks, Sambuchi, for the suggestion. I got around to downloading it and does just what I need.

-Jason
UT2004 rox