Help Find Flaw

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Bernius1

Re: Help Find Flaw

Post by Bernius1 »

Electrical circuits are bipolar ( hot & Gnd ). RF technically is also, with the earth being the ground. But light 'appears' monopolar . A photon's intrinsic energy is perceived enough to generate a detectable voltage (which is the quantum energy in the wire; the current being the actual electrons ). SO, what if the pair operate as the two poles ? As soon as the potential of either is absorbed, the net potential is zero, so the photon's 'reflection' (for lack of a better term) ceases to exist because the potential which defines it has ceased. The 'speed of light ' idea would matter if a certain photon would have to leave the first event and travel to the second half of the pair and 'inform' it of the change of state. But if the two are actually one, then if something happens to one, it IS happening to the other. And besides, if we're talking photons, A) why would a subjective photon need to emit to communicate between a pair of what are already photons, and B) how can it 'dissolve into energy' if it is already pure energy ??<p>"Mr Higgs, did you mean Bosoms ?"
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

The great concept or discovery here is no "time" or "speed of light" is involved which is like another dimension we knew nothing about. <p>We are peering into new territory, never seen before by mankind.
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by no_vice:

"Mr Higgs, did you mean Bosoms ?"
<hr></blockquote><p>
Okay, I will admit I don't get this one. What is it in reference to? It sounds like the old Dave Allen at large jokes. (I'd post the Viking one but it would probably be too much for some people.)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

One of the proposed subatomic particles is the Higgs Boson ( Protons and neutrons are only 2 of several 'bosons', which are the larger nuclear particles). Actually , the Higgs is supposed to be the largest, and account for what we know as 'mass', which is actually only manifest as inertia anyway. So , considering the concept of 'most massive particle', and the convenience of misspelling.........
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
peter-f

Post by peter-f »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chris Smith:
... The conjugate [spelling?] laser and backwards time issue has been around for more than twenty years now, but its simply semantic to say that the actual light is going faster, rather than saying were discovering new meanings and concepts to what time actually is.<p>[ August 23, 2005: Message edited by: Chris Smith ]<hr></blockquote><p>
I believe Scientific American covered the issue in (c)1978. (college assignment-- I remember when-almost!)
The article covered beam-splitting and demonstrating particle/wave charateristics on one beam... which affected the result on the other beam... thus (since light moves forward in time) the test moves "back" in time (to a point ahead of the beam-splitter) to influence the other beam.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Our problem today is defining “something new” so we are still using old terms to explain what is going on. I agree only because we don’t have better words or explanations at this point, to truly describe what we have found.<p> I think at the end of the day, some time in the future, we will be rewriting all the words and explanations when we figure out the true relationship that is taking place. <p>My guess is one of those thirteen mysterious dimensions mentioned by Carl Sagan about the make up of the cosmos, will be better understood. <p>At the moment, Were like babes in the woods trying desperately to describe what we see, but we don’t have a adequate language to keep up with what’s really happening. <p>I don’t think the rules of time have been violated here, I think we are merely taking a right turn at this juncture and seeing something we didn’t expect to see.