Robotics club

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
Daggs

Robotics club

Post by Daggs »

Has anyone started one? Do you have to charter with anybody? <p>I'm tired of doing my own thing all the time. I want to get together with fellow robotocists (or ubergeeks, as my wife calls me) and hash out ideas, inventions, coding, etc...<p>pm me if you have info on how to start a botclub.
Casual Hero
Combat Gynecologist
chapter30

Re: Robotics club

Post by chapter30 »

I would also be interested in this. It would be nice if the members were local so we could meet every so often.
kinneplastics

Post by kinneplastics »

I too would be interested in this. I am building a robot with an on board PC. Using USB to connect to all the devices and find little info on the net. If I knew more about making web pages I would start one, but I have no idea how to even start a forums like this one :confused: <p>Wayne
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

Still working on the site..
thor01

Post by thor01 »

Trying too build a robotic Gripper. I can open & close the gripper and I can rotate the gripper. I can't do both. can somebody help me on this?<p>[ May 16, 2005: Message edited by: thor40 ]</p>
chapter30

Post by chapter30 »

Thor,<p>This may be a good subject for a new topic.<p>Do you have two motors or servos? What type?<p>Also,<p>What type of controller are you using (if any).
thor01

Post by thor01 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thor40:
Trying too build a robotic Gripper. I can open & close the gripper and I can rotate the gripper. I can't do both. can somebody help me on this?<p>[ May 16, 2005: Message edited by: thor40 ]<hr></blockquote>
Jeff, I have Many Motors and servos of verious sizes.<p>[ May 16, 2005: Message edited by: thor40 ]</p>
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

I’ve been talking with a few people I know around the U.S that I met in an IEEE hardware competition in 04. (Mostly people on the east coast)They all like the idea too... we are all working on a new site...(I stopped working on the other one) we have been working on it for a month now, it should be done in another month or so. The site will have "nuts and volts" topics but divide members into regions as they join. There are a lot of ideas we are coming up with and when it's near completion we will open the site to the public. If there was any other ideas on how to start one.. let me know!
compwiz575

Post by compwiz575 »

could unexperianced robotists join too?
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

hello compwiz
this is an old topic ...

I was helping a group start a website for a "Robotics Club" in my spare time..

I have most of the site done.. but the group “broke upâ€
compwiz575

Post by compwiz575 »

oops didnt look at the dates