FET replacement

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Alfred KT4VP

FET replacement

Post by Alfred KT4VP »

Looking for a replacement N-JFET. Originals have markings MK1022F. Parts list calls for MK10-3. Goes in an old Leader multimeter. Any help appreciated.
russlk

Re: FET replacement

Post by russlk »

If it is in a differential circuit, there should be a matched pair. If you can estimate the zero gate voltage drain current, any jfet close to that should work.
Edd

Re: FET replacement

Post by Edd »

Alfred:
I’m assuming that your FET VM is probably of late 70-80ish vintage ? Those “house numbers” do make it troublesome.
They certainly don’t correlate with any familiar manuf I.D.’s. Is the instruments FET complement potentially a three or possibly four count?
Typically two units of a factory picked balanced/matched pinch specs in a differential input design and then one or two units for the meter amp ckt.
Back at that time 2N3822 and ‘33s as well as companion 2N4416 were in vogue for RF design . But on the common LF variety the MPF 102 was
very popular….and there might be some number coincidence for that selected MK1022F designation.
You might check the 800 number at this site and confirm that they are the proper Leader site ..as what I am seeing of their instrument expertise as well as appearance is a quantum leap from their ’70-80’s products. Look down at the bottom para, or thereabout on parts and they do profess to catering to parts for older [Antique units] . Since you had the manual ….does the US location still agree. In New York….(Its of Japanese manuf origin tho.)
http://www.leaderusa.com/service.htm <p>73's de Edd
[email protected].........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;)