Waves Converter

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
haklesup

Re: Waves Converter

Post by haklesup »

Michael, check the replies to your private messages by clicking on the "My Profile" link at the top of the Forum page.
Ron H

Post by Ron H »

Michael, I have NEVER heard a cell phone in my church. I personally leave mine at home or in my car. Has you leader (pastor, priest, rabbi, whatever) brought this subject up?<p>Ron
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

I have a better idea. If you are the preacher simply invite the person whose phone rings up to the front of the church when their phone rings. Stop service and invite them up front to ask them what is so important that they could not keep the phone off during service. Offer to lead the congregation in a prayer for the "serious" problem they must have since they needed to interrupt service. When they don't or won't come up, start saying "We're waiting!" until you get them to respond. Another possibility is to give a sermon on the subject. You might embarrass them enough that they never return, but that MAY be a good thing. Like what I did to the jerk making a phone call during a movie. I went to the manager and he threw the guy out. <p>If you are not the preacher, you might suggest this to the preacher so that he/she could get a little more respect.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
Michael-love-electronics

Post by Michael-love-electronics »

Hi,..
Does anyone have an idea about where to find some articles about the ElectroMagnetic Waves.<p>or where to find another forums concerning electronics<p> Thanks<p>[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Michael Wahid ]</p>
clayexi

Post by clayexi »

Wow, I'm new to this site and this was the first post I read. I decided to stick it out and read all the way through, but man, this was painful. I've got a headache that's killing me. I hope this is the exception and not the normal flow of things. I'll check the rest of the site out.
vapor

Post by vapor »

Sounds like someone wants a vist from the feds! If you intentionally interfere with a telephone, it is a federal crime. Also, it is a crime to intercept cell phone traffic. Also, it is a federal crime to re-broadcast or even broadcast a signal in those frequency ranges without an appropriate license or licensed device.<p>If you really want to understand RF Communications, you need to get a book that starts from the basic theory and then leads you to the more advanced theory. From you questions, it is obvious that you need a primer before you proceed.
lost-in-code
vapor

Post by vapor »

One more thought...<p>What if the person receiving the telephone call is a Medical Doctor with a certain specialty that requires them to be on call 24/7. What type of church member or leader would have the nerve to malicously interfere with that communication? Yes, it is anoying, but you could simply stop your service the next time it rings and ask the person to place the telephone on vibrate mode or silent mode!<p>You know, if you are truly a member of the church, then maybe you need to pray for the person! But more likely, your church needs to pray for you! If your writing is indicative or your spiritual condition, then you are the one who needs serious prayer!<p>I also agree with the individual that stated that unless you have completed a Dif-E-Q course, several courses in Calculus based Physics and numerous courses in Electronics Engineering, then hang it up. <p>However, if you are truly as deviant and malicious as you sound, then why not just manufacture an old high powered (say a 2 KW or so) spark gap transmitter!!!! Place it withine the four walls of your church and let it rip! They are great for generating spurious emissions!<p>I'm sure that the FCC will have no trouble at all triangulating on you so called church. <p>Again, if you wilfully and/or maliciously interfere with telecommunications, the FCC WILL track you down! You will be caught, you will be arrested, you will get to be finger printed and even pose for a mug shot! You will go before the judge and have a trial date set! At the very minimum, you will suffer great financial loss. You could even spend time in Federal prison for each count of your indictment! I can see the head lines now, "Church member indicted by the Federal Government for wilfully interfering with telecommunications from within the walls of their own church."<p>Is it worth it? Last time I checked, Prayer changes things! It can even change your heart!
lost-in-code
Michael-love-electronics

Post by Michael-love-electronics »

Thanks for your advice but,...<p>Asking about theories and ideas doesn't mean that I'll make these theories come true.<p> Thanks again :)
chessman

Post by chessman »

Here's an article about what you're after, it doesn't give any construction details but it's informative:<p>http://www.e-insite.net/ednmag/index.as ... 00&article id=CA278841&pubdate=3%2F6%2F2003