SCA reception in car.

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
elecboy

SCA reception in car.

Post by elecboy »

I'm using a custom configuration to receive SCA in my car using the following components.
1.An FM modulator feeding audio through the antenna input of the existing radio.
2.An old digital AM-FM car radio sending the preamp out to FM modulator input.
3.An SCA module wired inside this radio.
My problem is that the radio I'm using is too big and I do not need the amp section or AM section or Volume and fader controls.
Where can I find information to only wire the tuner section, or get a tuner with low output and use it instead using the whole radio?
Chris Smith

Re: SCA reception in car.

Post by Chris Smith »

I've seen jogging radios smaller than a ice cube, so cheap that they give them away for cheap promotions. Also, just about every chip company has at one time made a complete radio in a chip that needed one or two external parts like a variable cap, pot, and a battery? No amp, straight to earphones.
elecboy

Post by elecboy »

Thanks for the info. I tried jogging radios already, but because the car moves fast the reception was not great.
I liked the second idea, radio on a chip.
But where can I get it?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

I'll try to find one in one of my manufactures note books, but try Maxim web site or National Semi Conductor website. National Semi DID make one many years back in the 80's and might still make them now? Start there first. If you cant locate one there, I dust off the old books?