Magazines: Electronics and Youngsters

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
TerryKing

Magazines: Electronics and Youngsters

Post by TerryKing »

What magazines are still around (other than N&V)
that might be suitable for use with young people (say ages 18 to 15)?? I've been away from this
for a while, and would appreciate your suggestions.<p>Any pointers to particularly good books, and other
materials, WWW site etc. would also be helpful.
I am familiar with most of the Radio Shack booklets.<p>THANKS!
Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont
[email protected]
homepages.together.net/~tking
russlk

Re: Magazines: Electronics and Youngsters

Post by russlk »

American Heritage of Invention & Technology magazine would be interesting to anyone into science and technology. It is $15 for 4 quarterly issues. Subscription address: POBox 5335, Harlan IA 51593, 800-627-4022.
bodgy

Re: Magazines: Electronics and Youngsters

Post by bodgy »

Well,<p>In America there is still (I think) Poptronics from Gernsback (Dean would know), There is also Everyday Practical Electronics a UK mag but has an electronic version for U$9.99 a year. www.epe.com or www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk. <p>If radio is the main thrust then Practical Wireless is still chugging along though their website is disappointing. <p>I don't know whether the ARRL publishes beginners mags but certainly the RSGB in the UK did. <p>After that you have Elektor(UK/Europe) , Silicon Chip(Australia). I wouldn't classify Elektor / Wireless World or Circuit Cellar as a beginners mag though. <p>Oh yes www.elektor-electronics.co.uk www.circuitcellar.com www.siliconchip.com.au
On a clear disk you can seek forever.