data-sheets

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
IRONMAN

data-sheets

Post by IRONMAN »

Greetings;
I'm new here so if I make any mistakes in etiquette I appologize.
I'm trying to find the best sources for data-sheets, the only place I've found so far is "chipcenter.com", and their listings seem a little limited.
Any help would be appreciated.
russlk

Re: data-sheets

Post by russlk »

The best place to find data is at the manufacturer's web site. If you don't know the mfr, try a Google search, or if it is carried by Digi_Key (www.digikey.com)type the part number into their search engine, if there is a hit, click on the part then under catalog page/tech info, click on the part again if a data sheet is available you can download it. NTE makes a lot of replacement parts; you won't find a data sheet, but can find pinout and package type.
Chris Foley

Post by Chris Foley »

Another source for datasheets on quite a few parts are NTE and the other repair shop sources.<p>http://www.nteinc.com/<p>While their selection is somewhat limited, and their products are overpriced, you can frequently find something you can get and use today. Not even Digi-Key/FedEx can do that. Just go to their website and look for a cross-reference on the part you want. Be sure to call ahead -- not all NTE distributors (mostly repair shops) carry everything.
IRONMAN

Post by IRONMAN »

Thanks guys, I already love this site.
Ron H

Post by Ron H »

Free Trade Zone is a good place to get datasheets:<p>http://www.freetradezone.com/index.html<p>You have to register first, but it's free.<p>Ron
Carl Pugh

Post by Carl Pugh »

www.digikey.com is good source for data sheets, sort of. You have to pick out a part and then ask for a data sheet.
DAVID

Post by DAVID »

be careful about the datasheet you get from www. freetradezone.com/index.html . Some dtatheets may be corrupted in transmission over the internet, and you may lose some graphic and/or titles to figures and such. a recent file i downloaded had just such a problem, and i had to go to www. onsemi.com to get the original file.
just a friendly warning.