OPNIONS WANTED sounds too good to be true

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
uchwoody

Re: OPNIONS WANTED sounds too good to be true

Post by uchwoody »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by High4Volts:
it still all boils down to the old rule. You can only convert it, not make it or destroy it. But you gotta love it none the less. :p <hr></blockquote><p>thats right, "there's no such thing as a free lunch"
The only good thing about all these stories is that people are exercising their brains. It all sounds so similar to what we heard in the middle ages where people wanted 2 turn metals to gold. In the long(very long) run, it could be possible, but it will be prohibitively expensive.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

Whewwww , i did't ever expect to get 4 pages of comments on this subject..i think this is a all time record for this forum.. i learned more than i ever expected on this subject...thanks all !!<p>
hey i bet this machine would really work great on video :D :p
perfectbite

Post by perfectbite »

I finally came up with a way to create all the power we need 'for free'. It would take some social engineering though. Here's the plan: In 24/7, 8 hour shifts
1/3 of us grow food for the other 2/3s
1/3 of us take care of the needs of the other 2/3s; child care, teaching, medicine, dentistry, opticians, morticians, sewage treatment, HVAC, entertainment, home brewers, gummi bear makers for the children, etc. etc.
and
1/3 of us get on hi-tech electrical power generating treadmills.<p>In an ideal society there would be a daily rotation between the 3 societal divisions so everyone would get to do the grunt work and get to have somewhat interesting lives with vacation time too. The ambulatory ill and recuperating could be given grease guns and oil cans so they could hobble around at their own pace so they'd be useful too. The bedridden could do the paperwork.<p>That way we would be energy worry free, the adults would have satisying lives, have good vision, have good teeth, have all the biscotti and lattes they want, watch the television in air conditioned comfort, be able to drink decent beer and go on the net, go for spins in their electric buggies and make babies.<p>What else is there?
toejam

Post by toejam »

The only thing this guy Einstein gave us is a limit called the speed of light look in google about how he is wrong.This is an expanding universe accelerating as it ages. According to the big bang theory that can not happen there goes another law of thermodynamics.Look around you with wide open eyes and you will never stop to discover.
toejam

Post by toejam »

Nhttp://www.khouse.org/articles/technical/20000701-265.html
No one that i know can tell all, but here are some links. To get more go to google.com and type in speed of light exceeded, speed of light slowed down, and expanding universe.There's a lot of stuff out there thanks to this beautiful internet.Peace be with you.<p>
http://list.k12.ar.us/pipermail/science ... 00466.html
http://search.looksmart.com/p/browse/us ... s10215344/<p>http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia/Co ... ndUni.html
toejam

Post by toejam »

I give you links and sources.You drag in the bull.Open your eyes.
perfectbite

Post by perfectbite »

ng2aradiofunk, <p>"""Specifically here 'Karl R. Popper' and his many books on the topic, for instance 'REALISM and the aim of Science" Popper is not a backer of Creation Science. I am not a backer of creation science, nor do I 'believe' in perpetual motion machines and their variations and permutations of implementation."""<p>In a hundred words or less. Does your non-belief in perpetual motion machines allow for the existence of a perpetual motion machine (surplus energy producing or not) at some future time?<p>Again in a hundred words or less. How is your concept of the existence of a perpetual motion machine entwined with the concept of creationism? Other than mindsets, pro and con, what do they really have to with each other?<p>The smaller (much smaller) picture please.
toejam

Post by toejam »

Thanks for the list of search engines
I'll check them out. My feelings about
this Tesla engine are in the air.
From what i know about patents is
you need megabucks to protect them.
If you have good intentions for them
you must be able to protect them from
thr greedy corperations out there for
once they get thier hands on it
they will find a way of obtaining it for thier own profit.
If this thing is real, lots of people stand to loose thier shirts.
I dont think anyone knows exactaly how a magnet works and a hundred years or so ago you could'nt
even dream of sending a man into space and before that the sun was the center of the universe and people were put to death for disbelieving that.
toejam

Post by toejam »

I read a couple of books
about Nikola Tesla. I think i am pretty smart
and my iq score verifies that. but that MAN makes
me feel like a moran.
I have tried delving into the math of ac induction motors and read books about them.
Tesla invented them from scratch.
He also invented the hystresis ac wattmeter
That allowed westinghouse sell ac to the millions and was rewarded by nothing. His desire was to supply free power to all people. Unfortunitally, he died a poor man and i think in jail.Could he have re-emerged as a wiser entity.
toejam

Post by toejam »

Main Entry: su·per·con·duc·tiv·i·ty
Pronunciation: -"kän-"d&k-'ti-v&-tE, -k&n-
Function: noun
: a complete disappearance of electrical resistance in a substance especially at very low temperatures
- su·per·con·duc·tor /-k&n-'d&k-t&r/ noun

think about that. A current induced can do more things as it grows. That is the equivlent of infinity.
All is possable yet we are too young, or trained not to find it.
perfectbite

Post by perfectbite »

ng2aradiofunk, ("""quoting you""")<p>In all honesty I missed your non technical points entirely. I am very fortunate in that I am smart enough to know that I am very dense and am not as smart as I'd like to think I am but I also know that virtually all other folks are smarter and less dense than I am. Nevertheless, I am quite intelligent, and missed your point. That concerns me. I have an elderly friend who wrote a 7 page letter to a contractor who did some work on her house about how he could learn life lessons from one of his workers. My suggestion that he would be far more likely to read one or two meaningful paragraphs on a single sheet of paper was dismissed out of hand. Hence my request for a 'less than a 100 word answer' from you. It takes time and work and discipline to adequately condense one's thoughts. You are your own best editor and it is a full time job. I read your diatribe(s) and truthfully was none the wiser for reading them. Don't put the blame on me. Like yourself, I search for meaning. I may not be smart but I'm not stupid. If meaning is there I'll find it.<p>"""Lets see some others 'speak tongues' more favourable than mine..how I communicate is like a book."""<p>I don't know what you mean by 'speak tongues' and, after the really unfavorable way you jumped on Mike with his very innocent question on heating two 15 gallon home brew kettles, is your book worth the read?<p>"""No, I play to seek the truth even it it hurts. You are NOT wrong, and nobody can prove you wrong. That is my 'less than 100 word answer'"""<p>My BA is from Northeastern Illinois State U, not UC Berkeley but even I can see that your premise """You are NOT wrong, and nobody can prove you wrong.""" is entirely devoid of standards. That could be Idi Amin's irrefutable argument. "So? I killed who I wanted, ate them and took their wives. Prove me wrong. You can't." <p>Hone your thoughts, limit your caffiene intake and tidy up that spaceship.
toejam

Post by toejam »

I am not defending or refuting this
power generator this string is about,
but onr thing I tried to point out is Nikola Tesla (a showman and prehaps a shamen,he was)
was quite unlike the POWER COMPANIES
not motivated by profit.
I find it hard to believe some silly dupe
in a power company would even start
a study to show the tremendous expense of installing superconcucting power
transmission lines was absurd.
The funny thing is mr Edison
may have been right about
the fact that transmitting
d.c. over power lines
is more cost efficient
only cheap high voltage
mosfets were not at his disposal.
toejam

Post by toejam »

One of the points i am pondering here is that company on the up and up.I have visited thier site and what i believe they are saying is they are not ready to make thier technology public.
If i had that technology, neither would i.
Another thing is the question> Is overunity possable.The law of heat and thermodynacs (that was e rough course) Entropy defined by m-w.com below says our universe is slowing down. Modern astronimetry sez ain't so. ) resistance at superconcuctive level is a recent discovery as well as the expanding universe. I don't think we are living in a closed system.

Main Entry: en·tro·py
Pronunciation: 'en-tr&-pE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -pies
Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary 2en- + Greek tropE change, literally, turn, from trepein to turn
1 : a measure of the unavailable energy in a closed thermodynamic system that is also usually considered to be a measure of the system's disorder and that is a property of the system's state and is related to it in such a manner that a reversible change in heat in the system produces a change in the measure which varies directly with the heat change and inversely with the absolute temperature at which the change takes place; broadly : the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system
2 a : the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity b : a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder
3 : CHAOS, DISORGANIZATION, RANDOMNESS
- en·tro·pic /en-'trO-pik, -'trä-pik/ adjective
- en·tro·pi·cal·ly /-pi-k(&-)lE/ adverb
Dave Dixon

Post by Dave Dixon »

What is science????
What is a newsman's duty??
30 yr. bunco cops?
Nazi, Soviet, Democracy???????
Electronics/hobby < whoops - never mind.
I'm confused.
Dave
toejam

Post by toejam »

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the club.