OPNIONS WANTED sounds too good to be true

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

OPNIONS WANTED sounds too good to be true

Post by dacflyer »

have a look here... www.electricity4free.com
contact person Dave Bridwell [email protected]
seems to be a so called perpetual motion type of generator being made,,using a small motor and super powerful maganets like theose found in hard drives,,but on a much bigger scale..suposedaly once you manually start this motor/generator
its self sustaining and delivers all the power your house could use plus a lot of surplus power
seems the goverment would be all into this by now
gimme some feed back guys...let me know what you all think,,,
MrAl

Re: OPNIONS WANTED sounds too good to be true

Post by MrAl »

Hello there,<p>Tell them you dont want the video, just the
generator so it will save you money.<p>What happens if you order the video and
they dont get 1.6 million people to sign on?<p>I cant believe they are really trying to scam
people into this thing like that...what balls!<p>Somebody report them!<p>Take care,
Al
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Dave Dixon

Post by Dave Dixon »

Hi all,
I was only on the website for a few minutes,
and now there are black helicopters circling
above my workplace!!!
The sad thing is, it sounds like this guy
might believe this. He's offering up a $35K
distributorship. How much has he invested?
The link to the homesite is full of Tesla
(the band) paraphanalia, and Tesla - the guy
we all know about supplies. How strange is that?
Just my two (When did the cents key dissapear
from my keyboard?!!) cents worth,
Dave
perfectbite

Post by perfectbite »

I remember reading about a young man in the the early 1900s who saw a 'PERPETUAL MOTION' machine in a shop window and was fascinated by it. He became obsessed by the apparent principles involved and late one night when out walking he decided to go by the shop to see the machine in action again. The 'PERPETUAL MOTION' machine had been switched off for the night.
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

I thought the Dot Com model of making money by giving away your product was prooved wrong years ago.<p>This guy should be arrested for violating the laws of thermodynamics. It's not quite a perpetual motion machine, more like cold fusion. Put a small voltage in and get big power out, that was the basis of cold fusion. Sure I can use a motor to drive a generator but I will never get a net gain in energy, in fact there will always be a loss.<p>A WHOIS lookup reviels that the same name owning the website but he in in IA not NJ like the site says. I've seen other elaborate websites used to lend a look of legitamacy to a scam. Beware, he may be an ex-Enron executive. :) <p>Personally, I would rather spend the $2000 on a well proven technology than be suckered for into a $20 video of an impossible dream (though I am interested to see if he uses any Pseudo-science)<p>Distributed power generation is a worthy dream but this site provides too little information to be believable.
josmith

Post by josmith »

I'd like to give my opinion but I don't know how to spell the "raspberry" sound.
Mike

Post by Mike »

well is this device possible to make? there is no dobut its a scam, because who would sell something like this for 20 bucks?<p>I mea, is this think they are trying to scam us into buying real? like could somebody really build this thing to produce 30kW?
Mike

Post by Mike »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by haklesup:
A WHOIS lookup reviels that the same name owning the website but he in in IA not NJ like the site says. I've seen other elaborate websites used to lend a look of legitamacy to a scam. Beware, he may be an ex-Enron executive. :)
<hr></blockquote><p>on his about page is says this:<p>I am part of a dealer net work of 2,000 for United Community Services of America (Ucsa). I am located in Adel, Iowa and Ucsa is located in Butler New Jersey. This web site has been in operation since December of 2000. My dealership has registered around 4,800 homes throughout the U.S. and Canada. Ucsa has been in business for around 20 years selling now 26 products. The free electric generator is a new product that is about to be released.
myp71

Post by myp71 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by josmith:
I'd like to give my opinion but I don't know how to spell the "raspberry" sound.<hr></blockquote><p>This should work :D <p>Ryan
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

Sorry, Dave. The "¢" key has never been on the standard ASCII keyboard but only on the old typewriters. It takes an ALT<155> to invoke the pennies, e.g., $0.25 = 25¢.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Ed B.

Post by Ed B. »

Dean -<p>It is "ALT 0162" for ¢.<p>Ed
myp71

Post by myp71 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dean Huster:
Sorry, Dave. The "¢" key has never been on the standard ASCII keyboard but only on the old typewriters. It takes an ALT<155> to invoke the pennies, e.g., $0.25 = 25¢.<p>Dean<hr></blockquote><p>Cool what else is there? is there a list out there somewhere of other things like this it can do?<p>sorry to change the subj <p>Ryan
Ed B.

Post by Ed B. »

To
My-P71, Ryan,<p>Go here to get the list of special characters that you can use.
http;//www.fingertipsoft.com/3dkbd/ansitable.html<p>To use - number lock key must be "on" and add a 'zero' in front of the 3 digit code. Press and hold 'ALT" while inputting digits.<p>Enjoy and good luck.<p>Ed B.
perfectbite

Post by perfectbite »

What about the bloody torque? Lots of stuff on RPMs, Back EMF, Over Unity, efficiency, etc. I saw no data on produced torque. No H.P., no Newton meters, no foot pounds, no Watts. <p>Using a good get going push, a bunch of decent magnets, careful construction, really good bearings and a small battery driven switching circuit to spin a little or no load rotor creating enough 'juice' to 'run/switch' itself and even to gently charge the battery doesn't seem impossible. Having enough left over power to do the wash, that's another matter. Some things work fine on the lab bench but fail in the nitty gritty world.
myp71

Post by myp71 »

Thanks Ed B <p>That's :cool: <p>Ryan