Looking For an advice regarding a research paper

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Human

Looking For an advice regarding a research paper

Post by Human »

Hello every body it is my first time to post a topic in this wonderful forum, and I am really happy for that.
Actually ,my friends,I have been asked to make a research paper by my professor. Really I chose a topic but I have not find sources or articels for it. My topic is College Students' Need for a web site. I hope I find a help...
I am waiting for you...<p>
Thanks........
jwax

Re: Looking For an advice regarding a research paper

Post by jwax »

Start by researching a topic on this forum called, "Research Paper".
WA2RBA
philba

Post by philba »

Or maybe do a paper on the Psychology of asking for help.
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

I don't get your topic. I got through college just fine without any websites at all.
What kind of website do you want (www.co-ed_webcams_live.com or [url=http://www.AnswersToMyExams.com)]www.AnswersToMyExams.com)[/url]<p>Even today, the richest sources of information may not have been transcribed to the web or may not be on the web due to its commercial value. (so often I have found reference to a book, manual, schemaitc with the info I need but the text of the book is not online, I have to buy a copy) or you have to pay a membership to access full content (many professional societes)<p>Stop searching on "internet" and "college" and start looking at educational and teaching references. Look for blogs where grad students and researchers discuss their ideas. You seem to be poking into sociology or education with your topic rather than the internet in general.<p>It is plainly clear that the internet does help college students and has changed the way some types of learning occur. Perhaps you can find websites for instructors and teachers with articals about how to use the internet for instruction or some perspective artical on how it has influenced educational practices.<p>I've always said the internet is a "Vast and Shallow Sea" it seems to go on forever but lacks depth in many areas. (it is definately filling up more quickly now though)<p>Whoa, 500 posts. I hit a milestone today (nuff-said)
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Do your own research. Talk to a lot of college students and discuss their needs. What do they need to live, what extra that school demands, what do they have a hard time getting, what is inconvenient about school and livign as a student, what are the perceived sacrifices, etc.
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

With all due respect, NEED ? A genuine need, or one borne of laziness ? The same web helps the learner to learn and the lazy to circumvent. It'll be moreso a societal commentary than a technical paper. How can you tangibly qualify arbitrary values like opinion and emotion ?<p>*Uhmmmm, like ;I could change the world if, umm, like I had the resources at my uhmmm, y'know, disposal.....* <p>Look carefully at your peers, and THINK.
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
Human

Post by Human »

Hi
I am really sorry for my absence. I was so so busy. Any way I want to thank every body posted a reply or even passed by very much.<p>My research topic as I mentioned before will be about Students' need fro a web site. In other wards, what could a web site add to the students?
Will it be useful for them?
Can it help them to improve their levels?
What kind of role does it play with them?
Will it make learning or studying easier for them?<p>
In addition, I am looking for experiences of others especially regarding education.<p>I am really in a mess and waiting for you.<p>
Thanks a looooooot
jwax

Post by jwax »

Human: What school do you attend?
WA2RBA
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

Need may be a strong term, but the internet does provide access to some materials that are not easily available otherwise.<p>For research papers in a technical field, it is much faster to get access to application notes and datasheets from manufacturers. Previously, you would have to request copies by telephone and they would be sent by mail. This could cause a substantial delay before you received the information. Downloading it is now a matter of minutes.<p>From your use of the term "levels", I would infer that you are in Britain or another area that has been subject to British influence, such as India. Prior to the internet, getting information from a foreign country would have been impractically slow or prohibitively expensive. It is now fast and inexpensive.<p>Some sources are available on the internet that were not easy to get information from, even in the United States. For example, it is now possible to download copies of patents from the US Patent Office. A keyword search can be done back about 25 years. Previously, this would have required a written request and a per page copying fee even if you knew the patent number. Some of the european patent offices may have similar arrangements.<p>Another primary source are court decisions. The US Supreme Court and several of the lower courts have recent decisions on line and there are legal web sites that have older decisions available.<p>Having basic sources available allow checking facts and hopefully, greater accuracy. For example, many books claim that the basic patents for radio were taken away from Marconi and awarded to Tesla by the US Supreme Court. It turns out that this is a myth. The actual decision is available online. It does not involve the basic radio patents, only one relatively late patent. The court did not assign them to Tesla, but merely disallowed one claim of Marconi's in favor of another inventor named Stone. There was a passing reference to Tesla, but that was all. The reality was far different from the myth.<p>If arrangements can be made to pay fees, there are many technical journals that can supply current technical papers. Otherwise, these are only available in technical libraries such as the ones maintained by some colleges and a few large corporations.<p>There is a lot more information and it is more readily avalailable than before the internet. On the other hand, there is a lot of quesionable information, and some care must be taken to verify it.