Electronic Supplier

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
qdgjcl

Electronic Supplier

Post by qdgjcl »

Can anyone recommend a good supplier for electronics and small motors like 6-12 volt dc? <p>Thank you,
Brad
Chris Foley

Re: Electronic Supplier

Post by Chris Foley »

Herbach and Rademan is a good source for motors. Check out:<p>http://www.herbach.com/
russlk

Post by russlk »

You will find interesting stuff here: http://www.alltronics.com/motors.htm
gadgeteer

Post by gadgeteer »

www.mpja.com
www.goldmine-elect.com
www.sciplus.com<p>Do an internet search on "surplus electronics"...<p>PS: sciplus has gadgets, toys, hardware; I bought everyone an "electric flyswatter", $10, for Christmas once. Knocks flies silly *they smoke and die if they stay on the grid for a few seconds), mosquitoes have NO DEFENSE. Looks like a tennis raquet, runs off of two "AA". Do not get the grid wet...<p>Goldmine has all sorts of parts, kits, etc. Extensive two-part PDF online catalog.<p>Marline P Jones has lots of surplus electronics.<p>There is a small electronics section at [url=http://www.surplusshed.com,]www.surplusshed.com,[/url] but they mustly sell optical stuff; lenses, prisms, etc. They'll sell you a prism for $10-$20 that will cost you $100 at Edmund Scientific!
Matt

Post by Matt »

Yea, I have one of those flyswaters. I kill the flies, set them on the foor, give them one more charge and they start to spin. Smoke stinks up the room a little though. I have been trying to find a schematic for one of these but keep turning up with the schematics for the ones that hang.
========
--Matt--
========
gadgeteer

Post by gadgeteer »

I love my flyswatter. I "juiced" by adding a capacitor to the output. When I'm messing with the car (changing oil or somethin'), a cloud of mosquitoes swarms around me (live next to a creek). BUT--- really there are only a dozen or so; the swatter takes them all out. Each dead biter kills the high voltage, so I have to zap, blow the grid clean, zap, blow, zap...<p>...much like that cartoon mouse shooting that gun...<p>If you get the grid wet, the frame is styrene;; the arc burns it, and burned styrene shorts the grid...<p>RE power supply. Goldmine sells a 5 volt inverter, $1.50 until March 31st (better hurry!). Part number Y1008. Wouldn't that work??? Probably would run fine on 3volts.