Electric scooter

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Bern

Electric scooter

Post by Bern »

My granddaughter received as a gift a Scoot-N-Go. She only used it about 3 or 4 times, and it quit. I did some checking, and found that water had gotten into the control board. It looks bad with heavy corrosion and defective runs.<p>Is there someplace where a schematic is available for these? Can a person buy them? Any suggestions?<p>
Thank You,<p>Bern
jwax

Re: Electric scooter

Post by jwax »

http://www.scootngo.com/scootngo-maintenance.html
Plus, there's a few other maintenance sites on Google.
WA2RBA
Bern

Post by Bern »

Thanks, jwax, however I have already looked at several of these type of sites. What they are about is maintenance, keeping the battery charged, keeping nut and bolts tight, etc. What I am looking for is some information on circuitry, schematics, etc. --- Thanks
hp

Post by hp »

Did you look deep into the site that jwax provided? It has a how to fix the controller at http://www.scootngo.com/scootngo-controller.html. It also has some pretty neat fixes for broken battery cables and such. Not a bad site, if you look carefully.<p>Harrison
Bern

Post by Bern »

HP, yes I did look at it for quite awhile. I did not find any schematics or circuit descriptions. If I missed them somehow, I would appreciate you sending me back there again.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

it may be difficult to get schematics etc since this is a foreign made product..but if you like
you can look at this site.they have tons of parts for almost any kind of scooter..i have done a lot of buisness with them,
this is their site. www.lovecarolina.com
hope you have luck... ;)
jwax

Post by jwax »

Nice site, dacflyer! Wow! $30 for a 24 V, 30 Amp controller? You'd be hard put to build one for less! ;)
WA2RBA
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

ya they are fairly priced.. i have bought a few to use on some of my R/C projects..they look cheaply built,,but seem to hold up good..i even used one on a motorised chair..
Bern

Post by Bern »

Thanks guys, but I just went ahead and drew up my own schematic. Took a few hours, but got it. Fairly straightforward PWM control circuit. Couple of twists and unique circuits, but very easy to follow. Anybody get in a bind, give me a call. I now have a schematic of the control board.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Way to go, Bern! Have you found the defective part(s) yet? Then, are replacement parts available?
WA2RBA
Bern

Post by Bern »

Sure thing, jwax. Once I had a schematic, even if it is quite ruff, no problem at all in checking out and repairing the circuit. Up and going in very little time. The parts and components on the board are very common. Had to use the Net on a couple of weird numbers, but found them with very little effort.