Discontinued IC-Anyone know a replacement

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
TFitz

Discontinued IC-Anyone know a replacement

Post by TFitz »

Many years ago, I used an IC from Holtek that, with very little external circuitry, would play different melodys. The IC was in a TO-92 package looking much like a transistor. One I remember played "We wish you a Merry Christmas" and the part number was HT-3813E. Holtek has discontinued making these IC.<p>Anyone know of any other manufacturers that makes a similar IC or is there a way to program a micro controller to serve the same purpose?<p>Thanks
Tim
[email protected]
paulrevelcet

Re: Discontinued IC-Anyone know a replacement

Post by paulrevelcet »

If you need them try here, web pageThey claim to have 20, still looking for a replacement.<p>In the meantime look here web page<p>[ October 26, 2004: Message edited by: paulrevelcet ]</p>
TFitz

Post by TFitz »

Thanks for the information but I'm not looking to replace the old Holtek IC, I was looking for something similar that is currently being manufactured. I know they must be out there because I've seen the musical greeting cards.<p>Any ideas anyone?<p>Thanks
paulrevelcet

Post by paulrevelcet »

Did you look at the second link, clever financial promotions, because they have these sound modules but here is a company that makes many different kinds of sound modules, I cant find an exact replacement.<p>
[ October 27, 2004: Message edited by: paulrevelcet ]zmcelectronics<p>[ October 27, 2004: Message edited by: paulrevelcet ]</p>
Externet

Post by Externet »

- Abolish the deciBel ! -