Gold Lock- Flash Memory Lock Schematic

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
ohioreeds

Gold Lock- Flash Memory Lock Schematic

Post by ohioreeds »

HELP,
I'm looking for a schematic design like the Gold Lock.I am writing code to chips that needs to be protected externally.
The specs of the Gold Lock are as follows:<p>High speed CMOS logic gates using'74 and '27 design which uses D Flip-Flop and Triple-input NOR Gate to piggyback original chip. This is for write-protecting, or locking the contents of the flash memory chips.
I have been working with '74's, but have not produced a working circuit.
Thank you!<p>[ August 01, 2003: Message edited by: ohioreeds ]</p>
ohioreeds

Re: Gold Lock- Flash Memory Lock Schematic

Post by ohioreeds »

THIS IS ONE WE ALL COULD USE.
I'm sure some of you have used the method of piggybacking flash chips with all lines tacked together but the clock. Then the clock add-on chip gets an inverted clock signal, the original chip getting the original signal. That way all things being equal, only one chip is active at a time. Of course this only works on some circuits, where the gold design is about universal for real protection on any of your flash work. Controlling the high and low state (read and write) to the original and add-on flash chips. With a wide Input voltage VCC: 2.5 V to 6 V DC. Perfect for most mod's or original design work. Folk's this is one we all could use at one time or another. I'm trying to get all the specs up that I can. Please, lets get a working schematic we can use.Thanks<p>[img]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\GOLD.JPG[/img]<p>[ August 01, 2003: Message edited by: ohioreeds ]<p>[ August 01, 2003: Message edited by: ohioreeds ]</p>
ohioreeds

Post by ohioreeds »

Just wanted to add some of the many uses for such a circuit, using the words from the original Gold Lock.......................<p>The Gold Lock is an invisible, nagless way of 100% write protecting the TSOP flash memory chip in any home electronics.The biggest example of undesired corruption or erasure as explained in the "What is a Flash Chip?" section is in the case of digital broadcast television. Certain types of digital signal receivers have the ability to lock out children from adult programming. The password required to view these channels is often stored in a flash memory chip.And of course, the instructions for erasing this password are readily available on the internet. After reading the instructions posted on various forums, chat rooms and hacking guides on the 'net, and at the push of a few buttons, a child can erase the adult password and unlock a dangerous world of adult programming in under 60 seconds. The Gold Lock, once installed in such a system, can totally prevent the chances that an unsuspecting child would view potentially damaging adult content.<p>The Gold Lock enables the user to lock their flash memory chip, giving them total control over the contents of the memory inside of the flash, and protecting it from erasures, writes and corruption. It keeps your children from being able to erase, reset, or set a new adult programming password with the remote control.<p>The Gold Lock is compatible with a wide variety of industry standard flash memory chips, including manufacturers such as AMD, Hyundai, and ST MicroElectronics. <p>Home users will also often use the Gold Lock as a tool to protect their custom firmware during the project development process. Users of their home electronics may design custom firmware, in example for Samsung DVD players, or LAN network hubs. Users may use their own firmware for purposes ranging from adding a fun logo to signifigantly increasing efficiency and performance.<p>The Gold Lock can help protect project developers and hobbiests alike during the design and testing stages by working silently within the host system, protecting the flash memory chip from unwanted updates, accidental erasures and buggy firmware.<p>The numbers of uses for the Gold Lock increase every day, but it has proven to be a useful tool in today's world of highly interactive and broadband digital electronics.<p>
.............................As you can see a simple design like this is something we all could use in our work.
ohioreeds

Post by ohioreeds »

I'll keep trying to get to the bottom of this design.
To be more specific you could say it is a wide application shift register.....
[img]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\SHIFT_~1.GIF[/img]<p>
Any ideas??<p>[ August 02, 2003: Message edited by: ohioreeds ]</p>