Ben Clock Kits - Where

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dfbaker

Ben Clock Kits - Where

Post by dfbaker »

Does anyone know if kits are available for the Ben clock in the August issue and if so where ? The article alluded to it, but I am not sure if I can wait till part two !<p>Thanks
dacflyer

Re: Ben Clock Kits - Where

Post by dacflyer »

i hear ya... i am anxious about it too.... it mentioned something about a kit but didn't say when...
i seen a clock almost like this one but it was a little different...this clock was in a new subway in germany last year...i just got back wanting to take pictures of it,,and find out who made it...unfortunatly,,when i got there it was replaced by a analog clock,,,vandalls destroyed the one i saw...damn kids !<p>anyway this clock was simmelar...its seconds whould light up one by one,,,then at the 60mark,,they whould go out one by one...
the hour and minuits were the same,,and all leds were green...thought it was neet,,i wanted one.. was hoping maybe there whould be a junk one somewhere i could repair,, but now i see this one here..and neet thing is,,, i happen to work in traffic signals,,, so i just happen to have some of the defective led signals here,,and a ton of leds...just takes a lot of time to take them all off,Phhhuuuuu !
ok, i shut up now before i fill up this whole web site..heehee bye all !
doonie

Post by doonie »

I would be interested in obtaining the kit as soon as possible also will check back.
Larry Lemieux

Post by Larry Lemieux »

You can get the kit from the author, John Carter. His email is [email protected] I believe he will have it in his ebay store soon and also a number to order by phone. Hopefully, we'll have the updated information in time for part 2 in the next issue.<p>By the way, I have John's prototype in my office for a short while longer and it's really cool. Definitely a conversation piece.<p>Good luck with the project!<p>Larry Lemieux
QUINNQUIXOTE

Post by QUINNQUIXOTE »

The guy selling the complete Ben clock is also selling the kits out of his store - but be forewarned the auction states there is like a 6 week wait for the kits to be in stock and shipped - I think I'll be waiting for the kits to 'be in stock' before I buy....