TV output circuits

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
bismark0610

TV output circuits

Post by bismark0610 »

I want to learn about interfacing a microcontroller to a tv screen but I dont know anything about this. Can anyone give me a starting point ( websites, books, etc.). Thanks.
analogee

Re: TV output circuits

Post by analogee »

Well, I suppose you could do worse than to pick up an old copy of Don Lancaster's classic "TV Typewriter Cookbook".<p>TV Typewriter Cookbook - available at Amazon.com for under $5<p>Not that this book presents the easiest or most modern approach if you actually want to build this, but I think the theory would be beneficial. You said you wanted to "learn", right?<p>Regards,
Todd
Wir m�ssen wissen.
Wir werden wissen.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I can't help you with the learning part, but try the MAX4455 from Maxim www.maxim-ic.com They will send a free sample. It is a chip that can display text and graphics on a tv screen on top of a picture in 16 shades of gray. I would assume that it could be controlled by a microcontroller, but am not sure. <p>-Mike
Tommy volts

Post by Tommy volts »

Take a look at some of the articles at the site below . Some of the articles show how to build a system to play pong and other simple games with a PIC16C84 interfaced to a television. <p>tv output