Another Bummy Phone

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
keymaker

Another Bummy Phone

Post by keymaker »

I've been using my At&T 9510 and it's staticy on my end.. The fool im talkin to hears me fine<p>I get static<p>Sometimes when the static is bad and I say something it sounds like an awful nonrepeating echo<p>But fools can hear me fine<p>I'd call it more of an interferance than static<p>Also there is no change when moving closer or further from the base<p>and if u take the antenna off the handset there is no change
yet i cant find any loose connections in there
russlk

Re: Another Bummy Phone

Post by russlk »

Sounds like the first stage transistor in the receiver has died and you are just hearing the leak-thru signal.
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

And at which end is the fool? This could make the difference.<p>This is not intended to be spam but your writing tone really irks me.<p>
colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Thank You Bodgy, from all of us! Tone is everything, Key maker. We range from 6 to 60 years of age, and older? Keep that in mind please.
JdOwNj

Post by JdOwNj »

"And at which end is the fool?"
Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!<p>Seriously, why do you go through the trouble for a cheap phone? I mean phones are cheap! I will bow to someone who knows more than I, but wont this transistor be <p>(A) Nonstandard part.<p>(B) Surface mount. A royal PITA to solder!
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

I like the phone. That's why I'll pay for it. <p> I call people fools... That gives me bad tone?<p>For example, I call myself a fool.<p>A typical sentence to let's say a car salesman:
"A fool like me has to have a cadillac and for 20% under wholesale book, Fool"<p>Check out my newest aquisition!
http://www.cellularwaveboosters.com/key ... effersons/<p>Going to be a CARLOT *someday*<p>
And I don't care who is 60
I'm old style myself.
I hate to move, I breathe hard when I get out my easy chair, and I listen to old style blues music<p>you think I am a young punk!
I aint.
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

PS:
Chris Smith: <p>It irks me when fools put a question mark after a statement.<p>did I bitch about your tone?<p>No sir.<p>So let me be, Friend.... I don't want no trouble.
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

Putting a question mark where it doesn't belong and spelling lose with two o's really f***s with me...<p>Why does EVERYONE spell "lose" "loose"?<p>They learn in 1st grade that "oo" sounds like "ooh"<p>So lose is LOOSE<p>Grrrrrr<p>
Done ranting
Have a good day folks
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Keymaker, <p>I don't intend becoming embroiled in a slanging match as this forum is for us to discuss electronics and the like. <p>The point that we sometimes forget when 'netting' is that the people reading the missive for the most part have never met, and therefore can not see the expressions or the vocal tone the person is using in saying something, or know their demeanour. They therefore have to imagine how the person writing is actually intending the piece to sound.<p>Your post from above and your previous post on a similar topic just seemed a little off. :cool: <p>Thats my 4 bob's worth (now that DOES date me, I remember £SD). <p>colin<p>[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: bodgy ]</p>
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Keymaker.....No problem, your welcome here, just keep it polite, us old farts understand, its the kids, we do have them. If we all use too much slang, people will be replying with a lot of "Huhh"? <p>Bodgy, thats your 40 cents worth? We call them "Bits" over here, 8 to the dollar. At the current AU to US exchange rate, that makes it "your two bits worth", a common saying over here! How is the weather down under, surfers paridise wasnt it? Last night was Zero here. Kinda warm? At least it wasnt minus numbers.<p>[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Smith ]</p>
JdOwNj

Post by JdOwNj »

Yeah... It is hard to understand tone... Im the young punk whose grammer and punctuation everybody hates... <p>l8r<p>J
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Key maker .....BTW<p>A ? mark means that you get the benifit of the doubt. Nobody "Claims" that you mean anything, until proven otherwise. Its a polite way of saying + or -? You tell us? Sincerely
rsdandy

Post by rsdandy »

I just found this board today, and to be honest,I am dis-illusioned. I read these "keymaker" questions and comments, and wonder why I am here. I really don't want to read this stuff... How did he become a charter member...?
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

rsdandy,<p>Charter member is nothing special, it just means you've gone over a certain number of posts.<p>
colin
ericcarson

Post by ericcarson »

rsdandy,<p>colin is right. I am a new member also and i surf the board all the time. this is the only one with a questionable "tone" and i found the whole exchange halarious! you just got a bad first impression! :D