Test Patterns in Computer Form

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jollyrgr

Test Patterns in Computer Form

Post by jollyrgr »

I need some super high resolution test pattern and color bar pictures to display on some high definition televisions in a public area. Most of the ones I have come across on YAHOO! and GOOGLE searches are quite weak when displayed at high resolution. Does anyone have a source for high quality images? Even if they are a couple megs each, that would be fine.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
bridgen

Re: Test Patterns in Computer Form

Post by bridgen »

Take a look at the free Monitor Test download here.
Newz2000

Post by Newz2000 »

I'm not sure what an HDTV calibration image looks like, The first thing that comes to mind is the color calibration image that comes on the Adobe photoshop CD... it has a woman holding a basket of fruit on her head and a bunch of squares of color surrounding it. This would give you each of the primary (CMYK) colors, black, white and 50% gray and could be easily modified to include some horizontal and vertical lines.<p>The file is a 5.9MB TIF image in CMYK format. If you have photoshop you already have the image in your GOODIES folder on the cd-rom. <p>I realize you're probably more interested in RGB format, so if you cannot find what you need, let me know and I can probably make one. I suspect anything you find in JPG format will be unsuitable as JPG compression blurs sharp edges - you'll want GIF, TIFF, PNG or BMP format instead.<p>(Tell me the dimensions, what color format you like and what the ideal pattern looks like)
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

Tektronix make$ $ome pretty nice televi$ion HDTV te$t generator$. They pretty much $et the indu$try $tandard for that $tuff.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.