Magnetic Body Lights

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
majesti

Magnetic Body Lights

Post by majesti »

I hope this question is okay for the forum - Is there any way to stop the blinking in those small magnetic body lights so that they stay on constantly? Thanks!
Mike6158

Re: Magnetic Body Lights

Post by Mike6158 »

Not sure what that is? Are you talking about some kind of LED accent lighting?
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
majesti

Post by majesti »

They are little round lamps (about 1/2") that screw and unscrew to turn on and off. They run on two 3v button batteries, and I believe the lighting is LED.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

sure..bypass the blinking circuitry..3 volts on one of them leds would be fine..its nothing critical...i have some here i did this too
these fartsy lights clip onto the spokes of my bike..got them for a dollar...with the battery included...
majesti

Post by majesti »

Thanks! - but can you tell me how to bypass the blinking circuitry?
Edd

Post by Edd »

Some how, I feel that the type of unit that you might have is more in the order of one of the series of:
“BODY LIGHTS” :<p>http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/catalog.asp?p=all& <p>And that ultra miniaturized monolithic type of construction utilized there is very likely not that which Flac Dyer is referring to in his unit(s).<p>Note also that this company offers non flashing versions.<p>Further perusal towards the bottom of the products handled list revealed :
BATTERIES AND MAGNETS:
http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/sto ... tems.asp?p age_id=17&categ_id=16&parent_ids=0
Now, THAT’S my idea of pricing, on that series of silver oxide mini cells…even along with a mini lithium cell….a carded pack of 6-10 cells for 12-15 ¢ . The best I have found at only one Dollar Tree store was typically a dollar for a cell..or the sky is the limit at jewelry stores. 50 Quantities would lean more towards a pooling order of users/friends/relatives and keeping in ones refrig crisper for storage longevity.<p>The magnets shown are certainly of such strength as to be in the rare earth category, such as I have seen used on some ladies brooches retainers that preclude piercing a fine fabric or leather coat….also on some earrings … for intra lobal retention.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ..….....(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;) ;) <p>]<p>[ May 13, 2005: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>