Design Software

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
greg123

Design Software

Post by greg123 »

Anybody know of a schematic design software that can save in .gif or .jpeg formats? The programs i use do not and thus i cannot put my schematics on my web site. Or is a file conversion possible? I dont have a scanner. Thanks
Michael Vickers

Re: Design Software

Post by Michael Vickers »

Have you thought about using "Print Screen" screen captures, and pasting them into a photo editor where you can "Save As" a jpeg? Depending on the sizes of your designs, this may or may not be suitable.
VernGraner

Post by VernGraner »

It may also be possible to print your design to adobe acrobat and then post the .pdf file, that is, if you have acrobat distiller... :)
--
Vern Graner
Ron H

Post by Ron H »

SwitcherCAD III (click here) is a totally free, fully functional spice-based simulation package. Even if you don't want to run simulations, it has a good schematic capture utility. If you draw a schematic and then go to the Tools menu and select "Copy bitmap to Clipboard", you can paste into Microsoft Photo Editor and save as .gif, .jpg, or one of 4 additional choices. SWCAD also offers color choices for the various elements of the schematic (background, wires, components, etc.). Here is a schematic I drew and copied using this process:<p>click here for schematic
Hope this helps-<p>Ron<p>[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: RonH ]</p>