Processor/Chip info

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
d_van

Processor/Chip info

Post by d_van »

does anyone know where I can get a spec sheet for a M-80C31 Processor. Also 74HC245AP and M5L8255AP-5 chip. They are about 12 years old.
Thanks Dan Van
danvan
Mike6158

Re: Processor/Chip info

Post by Mike6158 »

These guys have a replacement that's supposed to be a drop in.<p>Maxim<p>Google is your friend... No M-80C31 but the other two are here:<p>All Data Sheet Search Engine
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
philba

Post by philba »

M-80C31 is, iirc, a variant on the old 8031 single chip micro from intel. I'd guess the the C means CMOS - the original was not CMOS (NMOS?). Not sure of the manufacturer. Look up 80c31. <p>I believe that the 31 was a precursor to the 8051 family that has been cloned by a lot of companies. I think atmel makes replacements. check their site.<p>8255 is a parallel port chip (dates from the original IBM PC) and you can still get replacements. I'd use cmos version.<p>the 245 is a standard 74HC245 bus transciever. still in production. any should work just fine.<p>Datasheets can be had for the googling. Yes, I agree, google is your friend.<p>What are you doing with them?<p>Phil<p>[ February 07, 2005: Message edited by: philba ]</p>
Engineer1138

Post by Engineer1138 »

If you Google for "8031", "80C31" "8255 PIA", or "LS245" you'll find tons of data. I'm assuming this is to repair an existing device? I can't see why anyone would design a new product around an 8031 these days, but sometimes I guess it might make sense, esp. as a hobby project.<p>Among the basement clutter I need to get rid of is a handful of 8032s and a few dozen EPROMs & SRAMs. I think I have a Siemens/Philips databook for the 803x series. Want 'em? They're all yours (or anyone else who responds) for slightly more than the cost of shipping -- or free if you live in the TC, MN area.
HC245s are still useful to me so I'll hang on to those.