Why Google Knows All

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Mike

Why Google Knows All

Post by Mike »

Heres yet another example of why Google knows everything.

go to [url=http://www.google.com,]www.google.com,[/url] type in 'failure' and click I'm Feeling Lucky

I highly dobut you will be suprised at what comes up, especially if you hate the man as much as I do.
Chris Smith

Re: Why Google Knows All

Post by Chris Smith »

DEAD ON, but the use of the word MORON is more appropiate.
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

That's funny, I knew you could pay google to list your website above others but I didn't know it extended to political lobbying or that you could do it someone else's website with a keyword that dosen't even appear on the page. I guess Google will take money for anything it can.

Notice who was #2 in the search. Who was willing to pay moore (as in michael) to smear the other.
markeeng

Post by markeeng »

It's quite possible that someone is paying for it to show up on top. Or maybe it's simply the google team in sync with the growing majority of the US citizens.
But we can be 1000% certain that if it is paid, its not with our tax money, while the Bush admin has used $1.6 billion in public relations and media spending over the last two and a half years. It's impossible to top that level of cheap propaganda money, every sane tv station would have jumped ship at least after first 20 big lies of this administration were uncovered, but for now it pays off to be Bush propaganda agen", so majority of the media keeps playing the GAME:
http://www.democrats.reform.house.gov/story.asp?ID=1006
I hope the media awakes soon and realizes that Bush is not a King after all, and that very soon the propaganda money will be gone, and that the citizens: Mr. Bush, Mr. Rove, Mr. Cheney, and the rest of the team will be sleeping in warm one room"studios" provided by our prison system next door to the hero Top Gun Duke.
Newz2000

Post by Newz2000 »

This is the wrong forum for this topic.
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

"This is the wrong forum for this topic."

Perhaps so but here it is (I don't know of a way to move a thread to the computer section anyhow). My comments were directed mainly to google, not intended to be political.

I sure hope the "google team" had nothing to do with it. I'd hate to think the fastest growing company in America had such a blatent political bias.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Google soon will know all......
http://pack.google.com/
WA2RBA
hp

Post by hp »

Google is NOT taking money for this, heck they don't want this to happen.

The technique that these obessed people are using is to get as many pages as possible to have a link titled "Failure" to point to President Bush's biography. Eventually the googlebots will hit these sites and raise the page rank due to the popularity of the link. Overtime the system will figure out that it must be very popular and put it on top of search results.

You can try this if you know a trillion webmasters and get them to put a link to something random. Eventually that random link will appear first on google results.

Here is some more info if you guys don't believe me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb .

Harrison

<small>[ March 05, 2006, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: hp ]</small>
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

to bad so many people in the US don't support our Leaders.. He is the President, He was elected to do a job, and HE is doing the job.. I would have to say a much better job than could have ever been expected from the other two panty waste's that ran against him.. I believe that was Gore and Kerry... sounds hypocritical to say this then blast "those" two, but on the other hand, had either/or won the election, I would have supported their decisions, maybe not agreed completely, but supported rather than piss and moan like most of the hippy/welfare losers are doing.. to bad THEY couldn't go live in these 3rd world countries and get a taste of terrorism.. It's only a matter of time now before they'll get a taste of it here at home anyway.. hopefully not.. and... since President Bush has the balls to do what he has done.. maybe we can stop it permanently.. I'm 100% behind someone that stands up and fights! (ps.. if you folks in OREGON don't like that, don't try crossing my lines with your stupid protest's)..

<small>[ March 05, 2006, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: wayne ]</small>
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
philba

Post by philba »

oh god. must we have political debate here? There are places where it is appropriate and this is not one of them. I sort of like coming here because it isn't awash with red-state/blue-state bullsh*t (though there is plenty of other bullsh*t...)

now, a discussion of gaming google is far more interesting but probably doesn't belong here either.

please could we just let the political crap go???
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

There is Nothing like science and the industry being used for a good purpose instead of evil, even if that secondary purpose appears to some as the primary.

Those who wanted to remain asleep, go back to sleep and don’t participate?

All I see is Google finding the best example of the word failure and using it in a manner we all can appreciate.

They could have used many different examples but they chose the best, and it is world wide and universally known even if its still a mystery to some here back home.

Google is #1 for Relevance searching.
jimandy

Post by jimandy »

Philba:
oh god. must we have political debate here?
Considering the personality of some posters here, it was inevitable. But then, after all, it is called the
Nuts and Volts forum.
"if it's not another it's one thing."
Newz2000

Post by Newz2000 »

There's a principle called "Signal to Noise Ratio" and it means that people will tollerate a certain amount of noise (useless chatter, flames, off topic conversations, etc) before they ditch a message board. In this case, there are a lot of experienced people who listen and share on this message board (aka the signal) that will leave when the s/n ratio rises above their tolerance. Each time one of these people leaves the value of this message board drops.

I personally value the knowledge and helpfulness of the people on this website and don't want to see it go into the can.

Therefore, I humbly request those who want to discuss politics to do so in another venue and keep this site about electronics and closely related technologies.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Snoring is also a signal to noise ratio, especially when its in the day light hours.

Reality is something we all can face, and it wont hurt this forum one bit.

And I for one still have not entered one single bit of politics into this post, as it should be when ever possible.

Humor, truth, etc is always stranger than fiction, while best example scenarios should still always lead the pack. Thank you Google.
Will

Post by Will »

I'm with Wayne, Philba and Matt Nuzum - Pototics has no place on this forum. I am also delighted to know, as a loyal supporter of the President . . . . that Chris Smith is agen him and for Al Gore & Jim Kerry . . . think of what it might do to our cause if Chris Smith were on our side . . or what it might have done for (Against ? ) us if either Gore or Kerry had been president on 9/11 Kerry would probably have tried to get a medal for it and Gore would have apologized to Al Queda
BB