I need help with pinout of webcam

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
budcan16oz

I need help with pinout of webcam

Post by budcan16oz »

Hi My name is Mike you're one of my last chances here to help me. I to have a ACS Compro PS39 my problem is that one of the pin's on 25 pin cable broke off I tried to fix it by putting another end on so I cut both cable off the one that plugs into the printer side and the one that plugs into the mouse port. I took the broken plug apart and found that the wires are all epoxied and you can't change the pins or even trace to see what wire goes where because I cut the plug. I need you to tell me the pin placement and color of the wire of the cable from inside the camera where it hooks up to the board to the 25 pin side and mouse cable. The cable that hooks into the mouse port is only to power the webcam and there are only 2 wires but i need to know what pins they hook up too. The same goes for the 25 pin connector i need to know the color and what pins they go to on the printer side . Please help email me at [email protected] thanks Mike
bodgy

Re: I need help with pinout of webcam

Post by bodgy »

A PS/2 mouse port has the following pinout<p>Pin #<p>1 Data
3 GND
4 +5v
5 Clock<p>2 and 6 not connected<p>Looking at the mouse plug end on the pins are as follows
_ 5 | 6
_ 3 -v 4 +5v
_ 1 2<p>From the Comp end
- 6 | 5
- 4 3
- 2 1<p>To work out at the camera end is a little more tricky having not seen the insides of your one.<p>However things to look for are a power diode see where the band is the positive input will be at the other end trace this back to the input socket.<p>The PCB may have a + sign or 5v written on it.<p>Look for the thickest tracks on the PCB. These are likely to be the power tracks with the GND one being either the thickest or having the largest area of copper in places - (a copper pour)<p>Look for the remants of wire that are traditionally coloured RED for +v and BLACK gnd, though you would need to confirm that.<p>If the camera has any TTL/CMOS gate/buffer IC's on it then pins 14 or 16 will be +v and 7 or 8 gnd.<p>colin<p>BOTHERATION how do you stop nifty diagrams left justifying?
[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: bodgy ]<p>[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: bodgy ]</p>
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
bodgy

Re: I need help with pinout of webcam

Post by bodgy »

The parallel port side is a little more difficult apart from telling you that Pins 2 - 9 are the data pins -pin 2 = Data1 - pin 9 = Data 8<p>Pins 19-30 are gnd.<p>The other pins may or may not be used<p>colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.