diy guitar effects

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Michael Vickers

diy guitar effects

Post by Michael Vickers »

Is anyone else out there into making their own guitar effects/circuits?<p>I just finished building a guitar amp out of an old car amplifier, a junk computer power supply, an old set of speakers and some scrap wood. I designed the preamp myself to customize the sound. <p>It sounds at least as good as the amp I recently got rid of, except I think I like to add a bit of compression. In addition, I built it for a fraction of the price.<p>Does anyone else have anything to share as far as projects, ideas, and success stories for DIY guitar/music circuits? I'm thinking of building a light activated Theremin type for my next project.
Chris Smith

Re: diy guitar effects

Post by Chris Smith »

Yamaha "Complex Sound Generators"
Isenbergdoug

Post by Isenbergdoug »

I built a guitar amplifier out of a lm386. It doesn't sound all that bad and in fact is fairly loud so as I can use it for recording. I plan on building another one out of the lm1875 20w amplifiers, my idea is to have a single input channel, feeding into two lm1875's each driving it's own speaker (I have two pioneer 6" that I took out of some old car stereo equipment that I'll be using). I don't have it designed yet, and probably won't until I am done with the comming semester, and have a better understanding of what I need to do to make it right. Other than that, I have built a "tube sound fuzz" from Craig Anderton's Book Electronics Projects for Musicians, and I have built a preamp that is basically out of the Forest Mimms Op Amp book.
I'd like to get into some more audio projects, but I think it best if I save my money until I know how to do it right. <p>Douglas
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Any reverb circuits out there somewhere?
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Isenbergdoug

Post by Isenbergdoug »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MrAl:
Any reverb circuits out there somewhere?<hr></blockquote><p>http://www.crackinguniversity2000.it/Pa ... cuits.html
has some reverb effects <p>Douglas
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hey thanks.....<p>I'll look through the list and see if i can
find a Reverb.<p>--Al
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.