Smiling So Hard my Face is gonna Break

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Bob Scott

Smiling So Hard my Face is gonna Break

Post by Bob Scott »

Hi Guys,<p>One of the projects that I was working on that I had to keep secret is now on the cover of the July issue of Maximum PC and it's going to be in the August issue of PC Gamer. :D <p>It's a small super high efficiency circuit used in a computer liquid chilling system.<p> :D :D :D <p>Bob
-=VA7KOR=- My solar system includes Pluto.
rosborne

Re: Smiling So Hard my Face is gonna Break

Post by rosborne »

Fantastic. Congrats. :cool:
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Congrats !
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
greg123

Post by greg123 »

Good to hear!<p>I am currently working on an article for N & V mag.<p>Congrats!
chessman

Post by chessman »

You guys suck. it hurts my ego :( <p>Congrats!!! I think it'd be the coolest feeling in the world to have my project, or my article in a magazine. I'm just too dumb though :(
rionredinger

Post by rionredinger »

Hey Chessman,
i know how you feel but just think if you had your project on the front cover of some mag before you patent it then it is possible that some one else will either patent it before you or will prevent you from patenting it. I have had some really great ideas but never did I think they were bad enough to be put on the cover of a magazine. All the really great ideas just hide in the head of the inventor and never get real big publicity until they manufacture the product.
PainGypsy

Post by PainGypsy »

Biggest problem is most "inventors" are bigger dreamers than doers... :-\<p>The real satisfaction is being somewhere inbetween, or so I would imagine.<p>And Kudos Bob! Keep making it happen!<p>[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: PainGypsy ]</p>
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

Thanks Guys.<p>I just found out that our computer liquid cooling system was also evaluated by Tech Edge magazine but this must be a low circulation mag becaus I can't find one. I just found out an article with pictures of the guts is also now in the August issue of Popular Mechanics.<p>This thing is beginning to snowball and it hasn't even gone IPO yet. (Yay!) <p>Bob :) <p>[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: Bob Scott ]<p>[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: Bob Scott ]</p>
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Great to hear, Bob. Soon you will be a regular in Electronic Design. ;)
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

I have a correction. It can't possibly be the August edition because they were only sent an evaluation system about 2 weeks ago. This link seems to have a date. It is a preview of the article including the peechers. Have a look:<p>http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... _tuesday_0 8_05_03/index5.phtml<p>Popular Science hasn't got their requested system yet due to a shortage.<p>Joseph: Thanks. I can't seem to find the time lately. My brother Sandy and I seem to have reached some type of "critical mass" in creativity. My part of the project was the electronics power control. It was complete over a year ago and I am moving on to a new invention electronic-wise. Sandy is the guy doing all of the thermodynamic and mechanical stuff. Every system sent out is new and improved over the last.<p>Sandy and associates have had and still are having meetings in the USA with Dell, HP, AMD, Intel, etc. VooDoo of Calgary is #1.<p>Bob :cool:<p>[ August 14, 2003: Message edited by: Bob Scott ]</p>
phurm

Post by phurm »

Congrats and cool (pun intended!)<p>I expect to have to go to liquid cooled on my next computer whenever I can afford it.<p>The next thing I want though is some way to get the hot air out of my box and OUTSIDE the house. My room heats up noticably when I have my main box going. Turn on a second one and it can become almost unbearable.<p>How about adding some way to vent the heat outside???<p>Paul