remote compass

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
[email protected]

remote compass

Post by [email protected] »

I have a satellite dish on my Rv that to which I would like to attach a compass. I would like to have a digital readout mounted inside the vehicle to display the direction. Any ideas out there?
russlk

Re: remote compass

Post by russlk »

One solution is to buy an after-market automotive compass, remove the sensor and mount it on the dish. Check out [url=http://www.jcw.com,]www.jcw.com,[/url] part number 47UE5716A might work.
bodgy

Re: remote compass

Post by bodgy »

I was going to make a SMS based compass for the Renesas competition, however events have put that little one to bed.<p>I suggest looking at Honeywell, who do a kit of three components U$100.00 :( however the data sheets would help, then there is also philips you can download data and application sheets, but as to who sells the chips??? <p>Or you could get the compass board ready made, Rapid in the UK do the board with either I2C or PWM output (selectable) for about £30.00, or there is www.pewatron.de who do ready made BW6945 this unit has been used a number of times by Elektor for making the Lego Technic series self robotable.<p>There is also www.speake.co.uk who have ready made and calibrated sensors,they have a US outlet
Fat Quarters Software in California, I've mislaid their web address at the moment.<p>Have fun<p>Colin<p>[ November 04, 2003: Message edited by: bodgy ]</p>
On a clear disk you can seek forever.