P-Box Kits from Radio Shack

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jollyrgr

P-Box Kits from Radio Shack

Post by jollyrgr »

Does anyone know of a web page of the old Radio Shack (or was it Archer) P-Box kits? Does anyone remember these kits for that matter? Even if you have a listing of what kits used to be available, that would be interesting as well. I remember a Field Strength Meter kit, VOX kit, Short Wave Radio kit, and so on. These were in the little red and clear boxes and were a neat way to get started in electronics.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
bigkim100

Re: P-Box Kits from Radio Shack

Post by bigkim100 »

I myself made many of these kits in my youth, and would love to get my hands on one for old times sake. I have never seen one for sale on E-Bay, but I always hope. Let me know what you find.
[email protected]
THANKS!
Kim..The man with the cute little girls name...and Frankensteins face and body.
Donald S. Lambert

Post by Donald S. Lambert »

Jolly Roger,
Thanks for posting the question. It gives this old timer another source of information about electronics.<p>I never saw those kits but I do remember that Radio Shack had circuit boards with the instructions to build various things that were often quite complex. At that time I had neither the time or the money to do that. Greybie
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hello.
Not from RadioShack, but one of few places offering simple kits is here:<p>http://www.goldmine-elec.com/Kits.htm<p>Enjoy,
Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -