midi player

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
david753

midi player

Post by david753 »

We can find MP3 player, but Midi player.
Where can I find Midi player in the market?
Or, How to do it by ourselves?
Any circuit existence?
Mike

Re: midi player

Post by Mike »

I am not sure what you need this for, but unless it is to be portable, just use a cheap 486 computer picked up on ebay for a couple of bucks and i think that since midi is hardware based, you can play the files with dos. Actually i can almost guarentee that you can. I've found MP3 players for dos, and thats software based, i would think pretty hard for dos.
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Going the other way, a Yamaha keyboard. If you mean large pocket sized, I don't think such a thing exists.<p>Cheers,
Dale Y
david753

Post by david753 »

Where can I find electronic circuit for midi player?
I'd like to implement a music box that can play midi when it is opened.
Mike

Post by Mike »

then just get a chip that had record/playback and record the midi file into it.
david753

Post by david753 »

What is the model number and company name of this chip that can play midi file?
paulrevelcet

Post by paulrevelcet »

Ok, let me try.<p>MIDI is an extensive set of "musical commands" which electronic instruments use to control each other. That being said, you need a computer to play the midi file and preserve the information in the midi file, but if it is the sound of the midi file you like then it is very easy to change this to a .wav file. There are many sound chips to play this kind of file. Radio shack has a complete sound module, all you do is hold down a button to record and push a button to play, very east to use.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

radio shack sells a 20sec. digital voice recorder kit for about $20.00
all you do is add batteries and install the kit into what ever you want.. comes with battery holder , speaker , and buttons.. sounds decent too..<p>i'd like to find a program myself that plays midi files like a juke box,,,
you know,, play one file after another. as i selected.. kinda like a MP3 jukebox..<p>[ April 09, 2004: Message edited by: dacflyer ]</p>
paulrevelcet

Post by paulrevelcet »

dacflyer, not sure I understood what your looking for, if its a software solution and your handy in html you could just make a web page with your inerface and just use internet explorer to play your midi files.<p>I do this a lot for content I create for training purposes. I just put the whole thing on a cd and its ready to go.
Mike

Post by Mike »

yes, the thing dacflyer said is basically that chip i was talking about. just in a box with 15 bucks thrown onto the price tag.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

no , i was looking for software to just play
midi files... right now you must select each one to play in MPlayer.. i want to select several to play one after another automatically...just as a MP3 player would do with MP3's... not for web pages or nothing , just to play one after another...
paulrevelcet

Post by paulrevelcet »

You might try a program called Thinking Music
go the this web site and scroll down until you see the download link. you can customize playlists and such but with midi files. its free<p>http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

ok, thank... will check it out
david753

Post by david753 »

I'd like to implement a music box.
When the box is opened, the midi will be played with midi that was burned on a rom, hardware.
How to implement it?
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

My LG phone plays polyphonic ring tones in MIDI format. I use a program called Bitpim to load files directly onto the phones memory.<p>My problem is that I cannot find a MIDI editor with simple basic functions that would let me simply trim off some time from the beginning or end of a file (like I can do with a WAV editor no problem). All the editors are too full featured to be useful to me. ( a 5 minute song as a ringtone is a waste of memory and prevents me from loading more tunes). <p>They have programs that can convert MIDI into MP3 or WAV but not the other way around. Your project would be much easier if you hack one of those memory stick MP3 players but not necassarily cheaper. <p>Winbond voice recorder chip http://www.winbond-usa.com/<p>http://www.sensoryinc.com/html/support/ ... 0204-C.pdf<p>www.midi.org