Terri's Law

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
terri

Terri's Law

Post by terri »

TERRI’S LAW OF GROUP INTELLIGENCE AND COMMITTEE BEHAVIOR:<p>"THE RECIPROCAL OF TOTAL GROUP INTELLIGENCE IS EQUAL TO THE SUM OF THE RECIPROCALS OF THE INTELLIGENCES OF EACH INDIVIDUAL MEMBER OF THE
GROUP":<p>
1/I1 + 1/I2 + 1/I3 + 1/In = 1/It<p>For two individuals (n = 2) of intelligence 1 and intelligence 2, total intelligence is:<p>(I1 X I2) / (I1 + I2) = It<p>Or the product over the sum. Note that this law has several corollaries:<p>1. THE TOTAL GROUP INTELLIGENCE CAN NOT BE GREATER THAN THE INTELLIGENCE OF THE LEAST INTELLIGENT MEMBER.<p>2. ADDITION OF A MEMBER TO THE GROUP REDUCES THE TOTAL INTELLIGENCE, REGARDLESS OF THE INTELLIGENCE OF THE ADDED INDIVIDUAL.<p>3. AS THE GROUP BECOMES VERY LARGE, INTELLIGENCE APPROACHES ZERO.<p>This is because each additional individual provides still another path for stupidity to flow.<p>[ May 14, 2005: Message edited by: terri ]</p>
terri wd0edw
Vincent

Re: Terri's Law

Post by Vincent »

I'm the short :(
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Everything from arrogance to myopia can blind the brightest of minds, including the impatience of youth.
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Sea clams can weigh up to 500 pounds