Help w/ RF Remote...

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
DOMIT

Help w/ RF Remote...

Post by DOMIT »

Hi,

I found the article about converting an IR remote control to RF so that you could control your sterio/etc from anywhere in your house and thought I'd look into it.

I found a "kit" here:
http://www.rentron.com/RF-Remote.htm

I'm not a hardware kind of guy though, and thought that it would include instructions and _all_ that I need (ha ha).

Schematic: yes;
instructions for a guy like me(?): no.

Anyone build something like this that could possibly point me to a better site and/or give some help?

Thanks,
Glenn
DOMIT

Re: Help w/ RF Remote...

Post by DOMIT »

Additional info:

So, now I'm left with a Linx long-range hand-held RF transmitter (that I was hoping to use to send RF signals to be converted to IR), and a couple devices that look like chips: a TXM-433-LC and RXM-433-LC plus two other chips that say: 10F200 I/P (something in a circle) 20S 0534.

I'd like to be able to get the signals from the Linx long-range hand-held RF transmitter to be converted to IR for a receiver that I'm getting that will hook into my PC...
DOMIT

Post by DOMIT »

bump
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

www.rentron.com/IR_TO_RF.htm is this the instructions and schematic page you mean?

The TXM-433-LC and RXM-433-LC are the RF transmiter and receiver chips, respectively; from www.linxtechnologies.com

The 10F200s are PIC microcontrolers from www.microchip.com. How did you get them? If they are already programed it is just barely possible to get the project working with on-line help. 20S may be a code for version and assembly line. 0534 is most likely that that chip was manufactured in 2005 week 34.

<small>[ February 26, 2006, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Dale Y ]</small>
Dale Y