HELP UV lamp needed

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Samonis

HELP UV lamp needed

Post by Samonis »

Hi,<p>I'm looking for a special UV lamp (used in desinfection of BEER) with these characteristics: <p>ATLANTIC ULTRAVIOLET
STER-L-RAY GERMICIDAL LAMP
GX 48 VZ
32439 <p>If You know where can I find or buy this lamp, please write [email protected]
terri

Re: HELP UV lamp needed

Post by terri »

Without me doing the actual legwork of checking out each of these sites for what you want, try:<p>http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/searc ... Blamp%2522<p>Like chicken soup for a cold, it might help, it might not. But it can't do any harm.<p>As it happens, I was poking around looking for something like a germicidal lamp for a Cotrell(sp?) Precipitator I want to build for myself.<p>[ January 12, 2005: Message edited by: terri ]</p>
terri wd0edw
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

what length does this lamp have to be? i have at home such a lamp..its about a 6" long clear flurescent lamp..was used in a special uv lamp with black glass..but i took off the black glass.and used the thing for ereasing e-proms
looks like a flourescent lamp with no phosferous..
let me know what length you need, i might can find it for you...
wd5gnr

Post by wd5gnr »

I'm guessing you could find it at http://www.bulbdirect.com
Edd

Post by Edd »

Here is the info direct from the horses mouth:<p>http://www.ultraviolet.com/lamp/lamp.htm <p>There is some variance in your bulbs prefix and suffix. That which I suspect to be related to the specifics afforded to a device used in food preparation services, possibly like being in extra protective shrouding from the contamination/breakage aspect.
The one inner number that does seem to coincide, was the 48 which would be indicative of the common 48 in envelope length, be it in the linear configuration or the folded U shape.
Also the unit will be gas charge/mercury doped specific in the respect of optimal emissivity in the short wave UV spectrum, (also with optimal ozone production), not your common “blacklight” type of tube.<p>If you are currently sited in Lithuania, I definitely think an E-mail to that site might be in order for info on such a specialty item/design.<p>Aside…for….terri:<p>http://www.chemheritage.org/Educational ... c/fgc.html<p>That’s Cottrell, as I was once a grantee of a small stipend. Curious as to the involvement of such a lamp in basic Cottrell precipitation, as electrostatics are involved, unless the secondary effects of germicidal treatment to the treated stream was also a consideration.<p>73’s de Edd
[email protected] .........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected].........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)<p>[ January 13, 2005: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>
terri

Post by terri »

(TNX fer spellcheck and site.) <p>Oh, just 'cause I'm not sure the HV would actually kill germs, or even if it (HV) would precipitate them out. <p>If the HV would precipitate them but not kill them, I'd expect a concentration of germs on the electrodes at the time of cleaning the electrodes. Ick!<p>So, if HV won't kill them, but they were precipitated, I'd like to have them killed by UV before the air stream went over the electrodes. And if they weren't precipitated, then I'd like them to be killed before they went out the other side of the precipitator.<p>All this, of course, because I came across an old bug zapper. And the pine trees around here have been throwing out pollen every time the sun shines. I had been toying (toying only, mind you) with the idea of making one out of an old TV set anode supply, but lo! here's a bug zapper (with a considerably lower voltage*) for free. I would guess the precipitation is not so much dependent on the voltage, per se, as it is on the voltage gradient. So I was thinking I could maybe use more closely-spaced electrodes than I would've with the 25kV TV power supply. Jes' tinkerin'.<p>(* Based on the comments in the "amperage" topic (which see) , I was reluctant to use the term "voltage," and was going to use "electromotive force," since it would appear that those who would object to "amperage" and "ohmage" would object in like wise to "voltage." Or so would be my understanderage.)
terri wd0edw