About Trolls and Flamers

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Ron H

About Trolls and Flamers

Post by Ron H »

Here are some interesting observations, with some good advice at the end.
Dean Huster

Re: About Trolls and Flamers

Post by Dean Huster »

Yeah, Ron, Mom always had that line, "Just ignore her [my sister] and she'll stop." Trouble is, when you're only eight, you think that it's pretty stupid advice.<p>I'm glad you didn't bury this one in a lengthening thread somewhere ..... hmmmmm? ..... probably your intent, I'm sure.<p>I was known on the original "Gernsback" forum to often add a post that was little more than, "Now, children, play nice."<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

The circus is on the road Dean, look out for all the exotic animals coming your way soon?
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Is it truly necessary to start another thread to talk about the thread on how we talk about the way we talk in other threads? All it does is spread the disease. Let it be. Walk away, and the last person ranting will be there doing it alone.
Ron H

Post by Ron H »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Enzo:
Is it truly necessary to start another thread to talk about the thread on how we talk about the way we talk in other threads? All it does is spread the disease. Let it be. Walk away, and the last person ranting will be there doing it alone.<hr></blockquote>
That was my point.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

About ignorance. <p>It is contagious in peer situations. <p>Sheep do like to follow other sheep, as do lemmings. <p>There is safety in numbers or so goes the argument. <p>Rocking the boat of convention causes fear in the masses, to the point of irrational behavior. <p>It can become inflamed if confronted.<p>Irrational justifications can be formed to protect the ignorant position.<p>Those who have no experience or knowledge are the loudest and first to come forward against change. <p>And even when shown the way, they still hold onto the thought that they got it right, but only after they tweaked the facts to suit their argument, losing sight of the original dilemma. <p>Losing comes hard for many but excuses for them do not. <p>And it always easiest, to see in others, what you your self are doing.
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

"Now, children, ......"
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

RIP, I wish, but I do feel loved by three posts, paying attention to just me?