Analog Electronics books?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
opamp

Analog Electronics books?

Post by opamp »

I would like advice on what Analog Electronic books to add to my collection. I am looking for something with a lot of circuit explanations. Something with some in-depth details on OpAmps and filters would be great. <p>I already have:

Electronic Circuits: Analysis, Simulation, and Design by Norbert Malik<p>and<p>Electronic Circuit Analysis and Design by Donald Neamen<p>
Thanks in advance,
OpAmp
rshayes

Re: Analog Electronics books?

Post by rshayes »

The classics in this area would be the Burr-Brown books:<p>"Operational Amplifiers- Design and Applications", by Tobey, Graeme, and Huelsman, 1971,<p>"Applications of Operational Amplifiers- Third Generation Techniques", by Graeme, 1973.<p>"FunctionCircuits- Design and Applications", by Wong and Ott, 1976,<p>"Designing with Operational Amplifiers- Applications Alternatives", by Graeme, 1977,<p>These are quite old (a fast op amp had a bandwidth in the 100 Kilohertz range) but they do cover the subject from a basic level up, including a large amount of material on the stability of various types of circuits.<p>Try looking on www.abebooks.com for used copies.
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Active Filter Cookbook by Don Lancaster available at Amazon (also Don's http://www.tinaja.com/)<p>Also search amazon for books by Walt Jung and Howard M. Berlin.
Dale Y
philba

Post by philba »

Not directly an op amp book but a worthy (dare I say requisite?) addition to any electronics shelf is "The Art of Electronics" Horowitz and Hill. The title makes it sound a bit artsy but, in fact, this is a hard core book on electronics. >1100 pages, about 300 pages on op amps/filters/inst. amps/... It has lengthy discussions of FET/MOSFETs/transistors. The digital section is good but progress in the industry makes it hard for any book to be 100% current.<p>I have several of the above-mentioned books and I still turn to AoE first.
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

And there is a lot of tutorial stuff on the National Semiconductor web site. They even have their "Analog University" there, you can study various topics there including op amps and filters. Go to<p>http://www.national.com <p>and find the Analog University.
viveguy

Post by viveguy »

Analog Troubleshooting by Robert Pease and Analog Circuit Design by Jim Williams. Both are published by Newnes.
Carl Pugh

Post by Carl Pugh »

IC Op-Amp Cookbook by Walter G. Jung is the book you should get.
opamp

Post by opamp »

Great! Thanks for the info guys. I will check out a few of those titles.