Arduino barometer

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
davideyles

Arduino barometer

Post by davideyles »

Hi all,
First post so here goes!

I am trying to make the Arduino barograph from the April 2015 issue, however for the life of me I can't get it to work.

I am using an Arduino UNO and a Panel B KS0108 128x64 LCD display and a BMP180.

I worked out that the display was a Panel B from the PDF in the doc's of the glcd-v3-20111205.zip file. I have tried putting the barograph together from figure 1 of the project notes without success, so I thought lets check the UNO and board so I made up the circuit from the schematic in the GLCD_Documentation.pdf for the Panel B display compiled and uploaded an example script and hey presto it works :grin: , but compiling and uploading the barometer script - NOTHING. :sad:

I am not a programmer, but thinking logically (I think!) my problem may be with the GLCD_Arduino.h (but I may be wrong :???: !!) In the project notes there is a reference to this library needing to be changed because the BMP180 needs to be connected to A4 and A5, the EN port of the display needs changing. Would I be right in thinking that the library may also need amending due to fact the display is a Panel B and it was originally written for a Panel A display or are there more changes needed?

Has anyone else had any problems with this or can anyone suggest anything I may be doing wrong?

Many thanks

David
VernGraner

Re: Arduino barometer

Post by VernGraner »

davideyles wrote:Hi all,
First post so here goes!

I am trying to make the Arduino barograph from the April 2015 issue, however for the life of me I can't get it to work.

I am using an Arduino UNO and a Panel B KS0108 128x64 LCD display and a BMP180.

I worked out that the display was a Panel B from the PDF in the doc's of the glcd-v3-20111205.zip file. I have tried putting the barograph together from figure 1 of the project notes without success, so I thought lets check the UNO and board so I made up the circuit from the schematic in the GLCD_Documentation.pdf for the Panel B display compiled and uploaded an example script and hey presto it works :grin: , but compiling and uploading the barometer script - NOTHING. :sad:

I am not a programmer, but thinking logically (I think!) my problem may be with the GLCD_Arduino.h (but I may be wrong :???: !!) In the project notes there is a reference to this library needing to be changed because the BMP180 needs to be connected to A4 and A5, the EN port of the display needs changing. Would I be right in thinking that the library may also need amending due to fact the display is a Panel B and it was originally written for a Panel A display or are there more changes needed?

Has anyone else had any problems with this or can anyone suggest anything I may be doing wrong?

Many thanks

David
Hi David!

Just a quick pointer to see if this might help.. have you had a look at the comments on the article located here?

http://www.nutsvolts.com/index.php?/mag ... 15_McGuire

There are three comments at the bottom of the article there and Mark has answered some questions. Let me know if this doesnt help and I'll try and contact Mark directly. :)

Vern
--
Vern Graner