Sound for Projects

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
nbrucew

Sound for Projects

Post by nbrucew »

I am basically a intermediate hobbyist and not totally familar with forum but use Nuts/Volts mag regularly. Searching ways to add sound to projects. Would articles outlining various methods. Built Peanut Butter Monster detector and such with hacked RadioS 20sec module using PIC 16F690 to control it and Leds. Moderate success with module returning only 80% turn-on rate. New RadioS modules all SMT and not lucky with hacking using solder gun. Bottomline would love direction on different ways to add sound preferably :smile: controlled using MC like Pic .. ... Halloween coming and grandkits waiting. :smile

Thanks
oliverhall

Re: Sound for Projects

Post by oliverhall »

I think I have a great idea for you. I found a mini MP3 player module. It is super tiny and it can hold a micro sd card for your songs. You can connect this module to your projects. Just add a small speaker (i think you also need a small amplifier) and you are good to go!
https://voltatek.ca/expansion-boards-mo ... layer.html
Lenp

Re: Sound for Projects

Post by Lenp »

Looks like that player also needs a micro for support! The specs and details are a bit scarce.
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)