Garage Door N&V 11/2010

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
gsprole

Garage Door N&V 11/2010

Post by gsprole »

I love the concept, and think these could have many uses beyond garage doors.

So I bought a couple sets of the boards and chips, and have some issues I need help with:

1. The alarm is always On. I tied the three inputs (SW1-3) both High and Low and the alarm still sounds every time it loops through.
2. The Receiver depleated the batteries in 4 days with only 1 LED installed and with the alarm Off.
3. The Receiver has locked up several times with the Transmitter Inputs hard wired (no state change). Resetting the receiver by removing a battery solves problem for some period time, but then it happens again.

Unfortunately I am not an assembly programmer so am at a loss.
gsprole

Re: Garage Door N&V 11/2010

Post by gsprole »

1. The garage door battery life seems to be 4 days for receiver and <10 days for transmitter. 2. If your door bounces as it moves, the multiple signals to the transmitter can confuse and leave it in the opposite state (i.e. up when it is down, down when it is up), and then when the door is moved to that state, it does not register the movement as an event, and does not signal the receiver. 3. I put a switch on the receiver power to turn it On only when I wanted to know state. Since transmitter only sends on change-of-state, I built a small PIC timer to trigger Input 3, which flip-flops the input every 3 minutes, moved the transmitter to the wall with a door switch and D batteries. 4. Building the 2nd to monitor conditions in pump house - Temperature and flooding.
gsprole

Re: Garage Door N&V 11/2010

Post by gsprole »

Ron updated his code - see downloads.