wizard dualing wand project

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
robertmkmd

wizard dualing wand project

Post by robertmkmd »

I am trying to purchase the LED D3 but both Nouser and Digi-key only sell it in quantities of 5,000!!
I cannot find a replacement despite seaching the internet!
Can someone help suggest a replacement LED??

Also not for nothing but as I'm obviously a newbie, I cannot open the .sch file despite downloading 6 different programs which claim do be able to do so!
Any help would be appreciated!

RK
ltx71cm

Re: wizard dualing wand project

Post by ltx71cm »

Here's a link for a suitable LED available in quantities of 1 http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Lum ... XDyOQwQ%3d

As for opening the schematic, I was unable to do so also. The author lists an email address in the file "WIZARD DUELING WANDS Hint and tips.docx" located in the project download zip file. You might email him and ask what schematic capture software was used to create the file. I won't post the his email address here to spare him from email harvesters.
robertmkmd

Post by robertmkmd »

Most kind of you to help me out! Thanks!
I did send an email to the project's author regarding the .sch file and will see what his reply is!
Thanks again!
RK
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Isn't that an Eagle format? I'm not sure, as I don't use Eagle, but
I seem to recall that's their format.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
robertmkmd

Post by robertmkmd »

actually i just found out from the author that the 'system' he used (for the PCB and schematic) is on this website and is propriatary.

http://www.expresspcb.com/

also that substitute LED is also only available in huge quantities (per mouser who cancelled that part when I ordered it due to not meeting min quantity!) any further suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!