Old Project

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
martinbake

Old Project

Post by martinbake »

Back in 2006 I purchasedthe parts for the DAQ board from Kits done right. I also downloaded all the files and the assembly instructions. I was forced to shelve the project due to a medical interlude for my wife. She is better and i have retrieved the project. What i cnnot get is the assembly and test instructions that I downloaded from " kits done right" as they were on a drive that fried. The site is gone. What I would love to get is the assembly and test instructions and the program files that were originally posted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin
CeaSaR

Re: Old Project

Post by CeaSaR »

Martin,

N&V has downloads available for your project. You may go to Nuts & Volts' homepage, hover over the
Magazine link and click downloads on the dropdown menu. Go to the box that says 2009 (currently) and
click the pulldown arrow. Select 2006 and that year will load. Scroll down to March and you will find the
files you are looking for.

Alternately, you may click this link to take you to the appropriate download page, where you may scroll
down to the files.

Good luck on the build, and congrats on the little woman's recovery.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
martinbake

Post by martinbake »

Thanks for the assistance, but those files are ones I already downloaded, and are not the files I need. What I cannot find are the assembly instructions and test procedures which were stored on the site "www.kitsdoneright.com". Although I had downloaded those files originally, they were lost in a drive crash. They are not included in the Nuts and Volts archives. Is there any one who might have access to them or to the Author, James Mobley?

Thansk again,,
Martin Baker
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Sorry they weren't the right files. Hopefully someone has them.

Good luck,

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
VernGraner

Post by VernGraner »

martinbake wrote:What I cannot get is the assembly and test instructions that I downloaded from " kits done right"
Sadly, my normal way of retrieving old pages has nothing on the "KitsDoneRight.com" site:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://kitsdoneright.com

Looks like they had a ROBOTS file that disallowed archive.org to spider and index them..? Can't be sure but its very unusual for archive.org to NOT have a "backup" copy of a web site unless someone has stopped them. :???:

Anyway, I did however find my ebook version of the magazine and extracted the article for you. I uploaded it here:

March 2006 DAQ article

It comes with schematics and a photo of the finished board. Maybe this will be enough to help..? :smile:

Vern
--
Vern Graner
martinbake

Post by martinbake »

Thanks for the help everyone. I have the original magazine, and now have all the program code, but still need the assembly instructions. If anybody knows where to contact the original author, that may be my best bet. The main problem I have withthe article is that there is only a photo of one side of the finished board, Nothing showing whether there are jumpers, and which of multiple holes are merely vias.

I have placed nd soldered the obvious parts ( Sockets, IC's etc.

If anyone comes up with the download files. please let me know.

I also tried the webarchive and the wayvback machine, with no luckl.Thanks again,

Martin